I

Hey! We're back! Welcome to book two!!! Hope you enjoy it! Don't forget to vote and comment!! I love you guys so much!

"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, twenty."

I look up through my lashes to see Neveah continuing to count the small pebbles in the river. "I cannot count as high as you can, Nomi." She looks up at me with sad eyes.

"Just try." I shrug hopefully. I look over my shoulder when I hear the sound of footsteps running over the grass. "Nora! Nate!" I smile at my brother and sister who finally learned how to walk.

"Nomi! Nomi! Veah! Veah!" They both cheer.

Neveah ignores them and continues to count the pebbles. I see her left brow begin to twitch, signalling me that she is getting angry. "Veah, you do not have to count all of them."

Like our siblings, she ignores me as well. Nora sits down in my lap and Nate sits down next to Veah, looking over her to see what she's doing.

Veah grunts loudly and slices her hand over the water, making the entire river freeze in an instant. "Veah!" I shout and she averts her eyes from the water towards me. "Don't."

"Neveah." I hear Papa's voice from behind us, causing us to turn towards him. Veah looks up at him with hard eyes.

Mama stands next to him, looking very disappointed. Not at Veah, but at Papa.

"Naomi?" She looks towards me and raises a brow.

"Mama, she did not mean to." I defend my sister.

"Neveah?"

"I cannot count the pebbles." Veah states while looking at the frozen water. "There is too many."

"When there is too much of something, you must get rid of it." Mama informs her, but I think I got the meaning better than Veah did.

"I did."

"No, you used an excuse." Papa hisses. "You froze the water instead-"

"You should not be using your magic. You shouldn't even have your magic." Mama interrupts.

Veah looks up at her, "I am not the only one who uses magic."

Mama's eyes meet mine and I instantly glare at Veah. "Veah!"

"Naomi." Mama shouts and I turn back to her. "Is this true?"

"O-Only sometimes! Mama it isn't like last time!"

She closes her eyes as she lets out a long sigh. "Nadir." She calls for Papa. He turns to her knowingly. "You-You cannot delay this any longer."

Papa looks down at the ground before meeting my eyes.

"Nora, Nathaniel. Come." Mama puts her hands out for my brother and sister. Nora jumps off of my lap and runs towards Mama, along with Nate. Papa walks along with Mama, Nora and Nate back to the house.

"We are in trouble." Veah states without emotion.

"You got us into trouble." I growl at her.

She looks at me with the most pained look. I furrow my brows at her as a tear slips out of her eye. "You always have to be the favorite."

"I am not-"