XXXV

Song list:
Chasing Cars-Snow Patrol
Stone Cold-Demi Lovato

.

.

-Naomi-

.

.

A yellow light shines in my eyes, blinding me for what seems like hours. I cover my eyes with the back of my hand while groaning.

The light slowly moves out of eyesight and I draw my hand back. I look around to find myself in a large crowd. We're all gathered in what seems to be a throne room. I'm pushed to the back by everyone and I begin to get angry.

Where the hell am I?

I growl quietly before pushing my way to the front. When I get to the front, I stand behind a boy with brown hair. He's slightly familiar to me but it's distant. His arm is wrapped around a girl with light brown hair. She seems familiar too. I step out to get a better look at their faces and I recognize them.

They're from Aunna's memories. Her friends. I must be in her pack house.

I quickly look around. Where's Aunna?

My question is answered when everyone silences and looks towards the two large doors at the end of the throne room. They're thrown open and a tall man walks in. He's handsome.

Like really handsome.

Too bad I'm already in love.

He walks over to the thrones and stands next to the one on the left. We all then look back to the doors when it suddenly gets cold.

My breath hitches in my throats when a woman in a black cloak walks through them. Her hood is pulled over her head so you can't see her face. But I already know who it is.

Her steps are light so you can't hear her cleated boots hit the ground. She walks up to the throne, the middle one, and sits in it.

My jaw tightens and my heart and stomach drop when she pulls off her hood. Her green eyes are dull and her dark brown hair doesn't shine. Her pink lips are chapped and her skin is pale.

"Aunna." I smile slightly at the sight of her. Since I'm not really here, nobody can hear me.

"Bring them in." The man next to Aunna demands. I snap my head to the doors when a group of dirty men in chains are thrown in. The light brown haired girl next to me jumps slightly.

I furrow my brows before looking back at Aunna. She's watching them all without emotion.

"Please let us go." One of the men begs.

Aunna continues to stare at them but doesn't say anything. "You know what you did, yes?" The man asks.

"We didn't mean to cross into your territory."

"But you did."

The boy next to me tenses, making me look at the two of them. If these two are Aunna's friends and they're still alive, maybe it won't just be me. She'll have them too.

I look at the boy's arm that is wrapped around the girl. The other is hanging at his side. I narrow my eyes at before grabbing his wrist.

A memory I've seen before plays in my head. Aunna and the boy laying under a bed.

Aunna lays her head on top of her hands and looks over at the boy. He's holding his head up in his palms. "You've been under here for two weeks." He states in a high voice. She furrows her brows at him as she chuckles. "Disgusting."