XLII

Song List:
Chasing Cars-Snow Patrol
Perfect-Ed Sheeran

.

.

-Naomi-

.

.

The next morning, I wake up to Elena's arms wrapped tightly around my waist. I smile sadly down at her.

I really wish that I could tell her the truth. But if I did, there's no doubt that she'd try to stop me.

If this doesn't work though, she's going to be all alone. That's the reason I marked her. If I die, she'd have to suffer the pain of not being marked by her mate. And I don't want her to go through that.

I furrow my brows at her when she mumbles something. "No, it wasn't me. It was the marshmallow twins." I smile awkwardly at the weirdo. I cup her cheek and push the hair out of her face.

"Don't blame the marshmallow twins." I whisper and her brows crease. "They're innocent." I laugh quietly.

"Bullshit." She snorts before opening her eyes. She smiles at me before I lean down and kiss her. When I pull away, she looks up at me sadly. "When do you have to leave?" She whispers.

I run my hand through her hair, "Now." She quickly looks down. "Would you like to help me get ready?"

"I'd prefer it if you didn't go." She states matter-of-fact-ly. I smile at her before she looks up at me. "But, sure. I'll help."

I smile genuinely before climbing out of bed. She walks towards my duffel and throws it onto the bed. "Do you.." She trails off and I furrow my brows at her.

"Do I what?"

"Do you, maybe, want another one of my shirts?" She looks over at me, causing me to smile.

"Yeah, I'd love another one. Do you want one of mine?" I raise a brow. Her eyes brighten instantly and she smiles a breath taking smile.

"Yes please."

I unzip my duffel and take a out a few shirts. "Here." I hand them to her. She bites on the inside of her cheek before turning around and grabbing her bag. She rummages through the bag and takes out a few shirts.

"Here." She smiles at me. I take them from her and stick them into my bag as she does the same. I change into a pair of dark jeans and throw on a leather jacket over Elena's shirt. "Let me brush your hair." She grabs her brush and makes me sit down on the bed before running into the bathroom and grabbing her brush.

Elena sits behind me and begins brushing the tangles out of my hair. I hiss a couple of times when she brushes too hard but she ignores me. When she finishes, she ties my hair into a French braid and kisses my neck, sending shivers down my spine.

I smile satisfyingly before she pulls away. "Is there anything I can do to make you stay?" She whispers into my ear.

The smile instantly disappears when I remember what I'm about to do. "I really wish I could stay. You know I'd rather be with you than anywhere else in the world." I say before turning around to face her. I grab her chin and pull her towards me. "I love you." I whisper.

She smiles up at me before pecking my lips quickly. "I love you more."

"Mm-mm." I shake my head. I point at the bruised mark on her neck. "That proves that I love you more."

"Well then let me return it. Let me mark you too." She looks up at me innocently and I feel my heart pound.

"If I let you do that, I don't think I'd ever get to leave this motel room." I whisper and her cheeks turn red.