XVII

Don't forget to vote and comment!!! I love you guys!! I hope you enjoy!!!

-Naomi-

.

.

We lay on top of the covers, both of us being too hot. We're faced to each other and I watch her quietly. Not in a weird way. Elena's eyes are closed and I can't tell if she's sleeping or not.

All I know is that she looks really adorable. If that isn't too creepy.

As I stare at her, my thoughts lead back to the night we met. When I first saw her, the way her skin shimmered and her eyes glowed. When I saw her drawings. When I saw her bruises..

"Elena."

"Hm?" Her eyes continue to stay shut as she nuzzles into her pillow, still facing me.

"Why did your mom hit you?"

Her eyes snap open quickly and she meets my stare. "I don't know."

"Elena. Tell me the truth." I demand as I grab onto her wrist. "I can tell when you're lying."

She stares at me, debating if she wants to tell me or not.

"Or I can just go through your memories, your thoughts." I threaten and her cheeks turn a bright pink.

"I'm the reason why we got kicked out of our pack."

I slowly let go of her as my brows furrow. "What did you do?"

"I started the fire that burned down the pack house. I was baking with my uncle this one day and I remember him telling me that I was going to be a great baker one day. So I tried to bake by myself and I ended up burning down the entire house." She smirks.

"Holy shit."

"And we were forced out of the pack. My dad stayed though because he was the alpha. He's the one who said we had to leave."

"Your own dad got rid of you." I grab onto her hand and she looks down at our now intertwined fingers. "Welcome to the club."

She smiles softly as she looks back up at me. "So, my mom blamed me for it. And she would take her anger out on me."

"When was the last time you saw your father?"

"I was eight years old." She nods slowly, a frown making a place on her lips.

"Wow, when I was eight years old I was stuck in a cell while you were playing baker."

She laughs at my attempt at a joke. "And I dressed like a princess. The dress, the shoes, the crown." She smiles.

"You were playing princess while I was playing prisoner." I try to make another joke but this time she doesn't laugh.

"Naomi, I'm sorry that you had to grow up like that." She looks down at our hands. "I wish I knew you then, I-I would've done something to help."

"Mm.. They would have killed you." I shrug and she looks up at me. "But I appreciate the hypothetical effort." She chuckles softly and smiles.

"Well, you know me now. And I think you're life is pretty great since I'm in it."

"Yeah, okay." I chuckle.

"So, what do you want to talk about now?"

"I don't know." I sigh. "At the warehouse, Arthur's daughter said that Aunna was going to be abducted by her mate. So she's probably safe right now."

"And she's eating ice cream with her mate and watching butterflies fly." She shrugs, a small smile appearing on her pink lips.

"Go to sleep, Elena." I shake my head at her as she laughs.