Epilouge

.

.

-Elena-

.

.

I look around the light creme colored bedroom as I sit on the king-sized bed. My eyes roam over everything in the room, a wide grin on my lips. The large bed is soft under with its silk blanket. The white carpet under my feet even softer.

My head snaps over to the door when I hear loud giggling coming from down the hallway. Instantly peeking my interest, I slide off of the bed and walk over to the door. I open and lean out into the empty space to see a small silhouette running down the hall.

The smile on my lips remains as I chase after it. The loud giggling now becomes laughter once she sees me chasing after her. I grab the small girl and throw her into the air, her screaming loudly while smiling in joy. "No, no, no." I shake my head at her. "No running in the house. You know that."

She smiles innocently at me while covering her mouth so that I cannot see her smile. "I'm sorry, Mama." She now smiles widely at me and I grin at her.

I chuckle softly while continuing to shake my head. I place her back down and she grabs onto my hand, leading me down the hall into the living room. My eyes scan the room and stop on the empty couch. "Where's Mommy?" I ask while looking down at her.

She takes my hand with both of her tiny ones while smiling at me. "This way." She tugs me towards the small kitchen. Inside, I find her sitting on the counter, eating from an ice cream tub.

"Naomi!" I scold and her head snap towards me. "I was about to make dinner!" I pick up the little girl and sit her on the counter.

"I'm hungry." She shrugs before shaking the tub in her face with a lopsided grin. Her tiny hands reach out to the tub and Naomi feeds her a bite.

"Stop!" I grab the spoon out of her mouth and she screeches.

"Mama!"

"No ice cream for dinner." I poke her cheek before setting the spoon in the sink.

"Did Mama take your ice cream?" Naomi pulls her onto her lap and she nods. "How dare she!?" I roll my eyes before turning to them.

I take her out of Naomi's arms while shaking my head. "Stop corrupting my child."

Before I can get away, Naomi grabs my waist and pulls me to her. "Our child." She murmurs before pressing her lips against mine.

Light shining through the curtains force my eyes to open and my nose to scrunch up in disgust. "Shut the damn curtains," I mutter while covering my eyes with my arm.

"Get up." I hear a harsh voice say.

I furrow my brows before moving my arm to see Taylor pacing around the room. A nervous chuckle falls from lips as I lean up, "What's wrong?"

"W-We need to go." She states before ripping the comforter off of me.

"What?" I ask, my voice cracking.

She throws my duffel at me before grabbing her own bag and throwing it over her shoulder. "I said we need to go. Right now." She barks at me.

"What's going on?" I slip out of the bed quickly once she turns away from me. "Tay?" She walks over to the door and throws it open. "Taylor!" I shout but she continues to ignore me.