chapter 4

Disclaimer: I do not own HighSchool DxD

Chapter IV – Saving A Pervert's Ass

Sona was walking towards the Council room with Tsubaki and the rest of her peerage. On the outside, she was still the cool and collected Sona that everyone had come to recognize, but on the inside was a whole different story.

Her emotions were running wild at what had happened just yesterday. The Sitri heir had lost…she had lost at chess…and it was because of him

'That…that insufferable idiot! How dare he!" Sona raged in her mind. That Kyuren…how dare he interrupt her friendly match with Rias like that! 'If and when I see him again, I'll..!'

Before she could finish that thought, Sona stopped herself. What was she doing? She was being extremely petty about this! She was an heir to one of the most prominent and oldest surviving devil clans to exist, and she was acting like an immature child.

'Calm yourself, Sona This isn't how you should act.' Sona said to herself, feeling embarrassment course through her. She was going to represent her family, and she was representing the entire student body…Sona needed to control her emotions.

Taking a silent breath, Sona tried to calm down her nerves. It did lessen the tension within her, but it was still there.

Kyuren…she was beginning to dislike that name. The Sitri heir knew it was for petty reasons, but she couldn't help it. He had caused her defeat by Rias' hands, and that Sona could not let go unattended.

But, despite all that…there was also a growing respect towards the young man.

As much as Sona hated to admit it…Kyuren had taken her by surprise yet again. Even though she was battling Rias in chess, it was Kyuren who had dealt the final blow, causing her first defeat in years.

It was hard to accept, but it was the truth. Sona Sitri was defeated in her own game by someone she would've never expected.

'Kyuren Kaizer Avynzen…'

Sona knew that Kyuren was smart; a student that attended a tech university such as NTNU has to be and was considered a top student. His credentials were all amazing, worthy of praise and required respect even from her. But Sona never would've thought that he would be the one to make her taste defeat once more.

Well, technically Rias was the one she was facing, but in Sona's eyes, she didn't defeat her. It was Kyuren, and the Sitri heir did not appreciated that.

His addition was unexpected and uncalled for. He had entered the game without their express permission and had caused it to crumble!

But still…Kyuren managed to see right through her.

The young man managed to see through her strategy and worked his way around it. Now that was impressive considering that Rias had faced her many times before, but Kyuren had managed to outdo her in just one move.

Sona and her peerage had reached the Council room and entered. Most of them went right on to their business and things to do, and as for Sona, she went right to her desk, still in deep thought.

'I must admit, what Kyuren had done was not the most favorable thing to do, but she technically beaten me. He continues to surprise me.' Sona thought to herself. She had to accept that, there was no denying it.

And after all of that, after all that she thought about him, Sona couldn't help but be curious. Perhaps what Rias said was right? Maybe she had found a worthy adversary that can challenge and beat the Sitri heir at her own game?