chapter 28

Disclaimer: I do not own High School DxD.

Beta'd by: duked

Chapter XXVII – Blunders of a Pervert

Vali couldn't help the battle hungry smile coming onto his face as he stared into the night sky. He had come to this little town because of two reasons. First, to find his rival and see if he lived up to the legacy, and second, to find out more about this rumor about someone who took out the Devil King.

Concerning his first reason, it's a bit of a disappointment. He had expected his arch rival to be strong, but instead, he is nothing more than a pathetic pervert that has virtually nothing to show for.

You would think that Rias Gremory would whip the boy into shape, but nooooo she coddles him despite his behavior.

The second however...he had heard whispers from Azazel and other leaders about a powerful human. Well, it didn't really pique his interest until he heard that the same human flattened the Devil King.

Now that was something he wanted to clear up.

When Vali arrived a few days ago, he had scoped out this human out, trying to get a feel on him. At first glance, he looked like your garden variety human, but then there was the fight between those Holy Sword girls.

While the fight between his supposed rival was...deplorable, the human however completely dominated his. His speed was incredible as Vali had been surprised at how fast he was.

It didn't even look like a fight as Kyuren looked like he was unimpressed with the display and ended it by making the blue haired girl cry uncle. Now that's humiliation.

While it irked him that his counterpart was nowhere near close enough to be considered an annoyance, that human was certainly proving to be a challenge.

"What do you think, Albion? Looks like we found ourselves a very interesting individual."Vali asked his resident dragon.

Albion hummed in agreement. "Yes, we have. Though I pity Ddraig for the host he has been stuck with. Although this has happened before, us getting subpar hosts I mean. I'm confident he can whip his host into shape."

Vali chuckled. "And I will look forward to that day to come to face our arch rival. But for now, what do you think of our interesting human?"

"He's certainly strong from what we have seen him do, he may prove an adequate challenge. And if those rumors are indeed true, then he is even more powerful. Buy surely you do not think he's really a human, Vali."Albion had seen many strong humans in his existence, hell, some of them were his hosts. But he could not bring himself to believe that a human could be this strong.

Vali took those words to heart and he frowned. While he smiled at the prospect of challenging an equal or even a superior in combat, he knew he could not just believe Kyuren was human.

Even Cao Cao would be hard pressed to battle the Devil King in one on one combat and he possessed the True Longinus.

"I know…I've had my doubts about it too." Vali mumbled. "But if that's the case then, I plan to find out what."

Albion grunted. "And yet you'll still fight him, won't you?"

At that, Vali smirked. "Of course I do. I want to test myself against someone powerful." He smiled. "Being that strong...that deserves respect." It was only right in his mind. An opponent deserves respect, if one does not give it then they become complacent. Arrogant. Something the White Dragon Emperor knew he couldn't afford. "I guess this world still has something to interest me in."