chapter 9

Disclaimer: I do not own HighSchool DxD

Chapter IX – An Angel's Day Out

Issie couldn't believe that Asia was here in front of him. The last time he saw her, she was taken by the fallen angels. How come she was here in front of him?

But that didn't matter. What mattered was Asia was here now and that she was safe.

Shaking his head slightly, Issei smiled brightly at Asia and came towards her. "Asia-chan, I'm glad to see you're all right. That creep didn't hurt you, did he?" He asked with a noticeable edge in his voice.

Asia was taken by Issei's apparent concern for her wellbeing and couldn't help the blush coming on and returned his smile. "I-I'm fine, arigato. But what about you? Are you all right?" She asked with a very noticeable trace of concern.

She witnessed how Freed had crippled Issei and the young nun wanted him to have a clean bill of health. After all, it was her fault that Issei had been injured so severely.

Issei gave the worried nun a reassuring smile. "Eh, I'm fine now. A little sore but fine." As if to prove his point, Issei did some poses for Asia which made her giggle.

Giving out a sigh of relief, the young nun gave Issei a bright smile in return. "I am so glad." Really, she was. This boy was most likely her very first friend she had the moment she set foot in this country.

"So, wanna hang out somewhere?" He asked, hoping that Asia would accept.

Asia shuffled slightly and averted her eyes from Issei. He was a very nice boy, that Asia was very much willing to accept and agree with, but he was a devil. The sworn enemy of God.

She shouldn't even be anywhere near him, but here she was. A mere three feet from a devil and actually socializing with him. This was so wrong.

But even if Asia was told from a very young age that devils were evil, she couldn't see that in Issei. He was kind, considerate, a little weird, but an all-around nice guy. There was no way he could be evil...not from the time he helped her and tried to defend her from Freed.

"I…I guess..." She mumbled out before regaining some confidence back. "I-I mean, sure. I'd love to hang out with you!"

Devil or not, this was her first true friend. God may never forgive her for this, but at the very least, she could spend some time with a friend.

Hearing this, Issei couldn't help but beam a little. "Great! Let's go, Asia-chan. I'll show you a real treat, it's called a hamburger and I'll think you're gonna love it." He couldn't wait to show this girl around his hometown.

He knew that Asia was a target for the Fallen Angels and had to protect her no matter what, but Issei figured that the girl needed to see what the world had to offer.

Issei could only guess that Asia had a very sheltered life and did not have that much contact with the outside, and the boy took upon himself to do just that.

Asia being taken away and having her soul essentially ripped out was something Issei would not allow. But for now, he would show her the things she missed out on.

Okay, Saji Genshirou would admit it. He was in a bit of a bind. A very peculiar and very awkward bind. To put it in simpler terms, the boy had a little problem with his love life...or something like that.

You see, he had his eyes set on Sona Sitri, his king. From the first time he set eyes on her, Saji just fell in love her with - love at first sight in all likeness.

What was there not to like about Sona? She was smart, very beautiful, and a very caring woman. Of course, she has some downsides like her strict personality, but everyone had their flaws. God knows Saji had some as well.