chapter 10

Disclaimer: I do not own HighSchool DxD

Chapter X – A Different Way

Issei knelt on the wooden floor in agony, cradling his almost crushed right wrist. Breathing heavily to ease his pain as Rias and Akeno tried to fix the damage done.

The Gremory heir tried to heal Issei to the best of her abilities but she couldn't help but stare at the cracked Sacred Gear.

Sacred Gears were created by the Biblical God and only He or others of equal or greater power could destroy them. And yet, here before her eyes, a Sacred Gear cracked and damaged…by the hands of a human.

'But...but that should be impossible. No human can do this!' Rias panicked in her mind, uttering the thoughts that were raging in her peerage's minds.

They knew Kyuren was strong, stronger than any human, stronger than most of them as he proved not a couple of days ago. But today just takes the damn cake.

Sona, Rias, Akeno, Kiba, and Koneko all tried to pry Issei away from Kyuren's iron grip but he didn't even budge. Their combined strength was no match for his and he had managed to actually crack a Sacred Gear.

That prospect spooked them because as Sacred Gears could only be damaged by beings of immense power and strength like the Four Great Satans and other mythological gods. As impossible as it sounds, Kyuren had the strength that could rival a god.

After a few more minutes, Rias and Akeno were finally able to fix Issei up but they weren't able to remove the cracks. That had to heal naturally...over time.

"Arigato President, Akeno." Issei flexed his fingers and could get some feeling out of them. "That damn bastard." He growled out. "Next time I see his face, I'll-"

"Do nothing." Rias interrupted Issei, giving him a stern glare as the doors opened to reveal the Sitri again, now with her own peerage.

Sona appeared to have heard what Issei said as she was giving him a very heated glare. "Rias is right. You will not do anything against Avynzen."

To add insult to injury, Saji just gave Issei a mocking smirk. "Heard you got your ass handed to you again, dick face."

The pervert glared at Saji. "I don't care if that bastard's the strongest, I'll kick his ass no matter what!" He said as if he was certain of it. Oh, Issei couldn't be any more wrong.

"That's enough, Issei. You will not provoke Kyuren any further." The Gremory heir chastised her only pawn. He made the mistake of letting his emotions control him and going after Kyuren.

This incident just showed them another glimpse of his power.

"Why the hell not?"

"In case you didn't notice it, Rias, Sona, Koneko, Akeno and myself were there trying to pry you out of Kyuren's hands." Kiba said. "That's five devils against one human...and he didn't even budge."

That revelation shocked Sona's peerage while those who were there all gained somber looks. Five devils, two were high class devils, one was a queen, another was a rook, and another a knight...yet they couldn't even contend to the strength of one human.

"S-Sona-sama, is this true?" Tsubaki asked in an unbelieving tone. They knew Kyuren was strong but to overpower five devils at the same time?

Sona nodded her head. "Yes...it's true." Her peerage's eyes were wide with surprise and disbelief and the Sitri heir couldn't blame them. Even she could hardly believe it herself.

Kyuren was entirely human...there was not even a sliver of magic...there was no signature of him ever being related to the supernatural. But he displayed an enormous amount of physical strength that should be impossible for a normal human.