chapter 11

Disclaimer: I do not own HighSchool DxD

Chapter XI – The Project Of The Century

In his suite, Kyuren had just finished his training session and was wiping the sweat from his body. He walked towards his plasma TV and turned it on for whatever program was on before making his way towards the fridge for a cold drink.

Slinging the towel over his shoulders and letting out a breath, Kyuren took out a pitcher of water and poured himself a glass. Just then, Pip jumped on the counter with a cute little meow.

"Hey, Pip." Kyuren smiled and lightly scratched his kitten's ear. "Want some breakfast?"

"Nyaa~" The kitten cooed, enjoying her master scratching her ear.

The raven haired boy chuckled before grabbing a bowl and filling it with cat food before setting it down on the counter. Pip strode towards the bowl and began eating her fill while her master and friend watched with a small smile.

Finishing his glass of water, Kyuren put it on the sink and left Pip to her meal. He went up to his bedroom to take a quick shower before heading out to school…yes, it's Monday.

Kyuren closed the door to his bedroom and sighed, rubbing a hand on the minute soreness from his neck. Things have really gotten interesting since yesterday.

Smirking slightly, Kyuren took off his dirty clothes and threw them in the laundry bin before heading right for the bathroom.

Turning it on, Kyuren let the cold water wash over him and sighed in content. Most people liked warm water in the morning, but the raven haired boy preferred his ice cold. Helps him cool down after a session of his intense training regimen.

He sighed in satisfaction before he resigned himself to his thoughts. Last night, he got a call from Raynare saying that she did it. The Fallen Angel had achieved her goal and had a Sacred Gear in her hands.

And not to mention that she and her subordinates got away with what Kyuren could only assume as minor injuries. Good for them, and good for Raynare.

But...he would not hear from her for a while. True, she had accomplished her goals, but the fact remains that she did it against her superior's orders and did not account for the possible consequences of her actions.

It would be a shame if Raynare had to be executed because of this, she had so much potential. And Kyuren could see it in her eyes. She was willing to go the distance to get stronger, she was willing to endure whatever was thrown her way, she was willing to do whatever it took to get stronger.

And stronger she will become, that Kyuren was sure of when they meet again; he expected it. And that Sacred Gear will help her along the way. It may sound cold and quite frankly, Kyuren could care less...to the victor goes the spoils.

And Raynare won.

Kyuren managed a small smile as he washed his hair. He shall look forward to the day would meet again...if she still lived.

Now, there was his thoughts on Sacred Gears.

Yes, Kyuren despised those that were basically given their powers on a damn silver platter. A prime example would be that idiot Issei Hyoudou.

True, Hyoudou had a few redeeming qualities, but his bad ones far outweigh the good ones. He is a pervert, weak, and had no sense of realism anywhere in his pathetic body. To top it all off, he was given powers and attributes that he did not even deserve just like that?

And how does he plan to use his powers? Issei wants a jævle harem. A HAREM! What a disgrace!

Kyuren shook his head in disgust. He doesn't necessarily dislike the Sacred Gears; he knew that they had their uses. But what the raven haired boy had a problem with was who wielded them.