30- Second Chance

"Oh my God! Cover up the faucet!" I frantically try to turn the stuck handles.
Michelle quickly places a container underneath.
"No," June says, "that won't work, MJ. We need something to stop the water. That will only overflow." She goes to take out the container.

"Wait!" I yelp. But the container's rim causes water to go flying everywhere.
Michelle lets out a small shriek as liquid goes everywhere. A geyser hits me in the face.
"Paper towels!" June said, trying to look for something to mop up the water.
I then resort to using my super strength to wrench the handles. With the sound of grinding metal, the water turns off.

Strands of wet hair hang in my face. "Fixed it."
A waterlogged Michelle and June look at me.
"Good. The science lab almost got flooded," Michelle said, wringing out her ponytail.
Footsteps enter the room.

"What happened?" Liz asks, struggling to pull her backpack onto her other shoulder.
"Didn't you hear? We're having torrential downpours," June jokes with a slight amount of sarcasm. She takes a roll of paper towels, and drops a wad on a large puddle.
"Your mascara's smudged," Liz points out.
"What else is new?" June grumbles, wiping the liquid up.
"Fiona got lucky, her make up isn't a mess," Michelle says.
"I don't wear any," I said.

Liz gives me a baffled look. "Could've fooled me."
"Some people are just born naturally pretty," June says. "Fiona is one of them."
"Who said I was pretty? I'm so ugly, a frog wouldn't even want to kiss me."
"Frogs are frogs. They don't have much of a brain," Michelle states.
"I know that. They're amphibians, they have not yet evolved to be as complex as--"
"Fiona, science class is over," June reminds me.

"You guys have to clean this up before Mr. Warren gets here," Liz tells us.
"Its the end of school, he won't come back until tomorrow. By then, all of this will be evaporated." I say.
"Not Lake Ontario over there," Michelle responds, pointing at the oversized puddle.
June sighs, "I so hate science class. It just gives me more messes to clean up."
"The faster we clean this up, the sooner we can go home," I say with a smirk.

🕷🕷🕷
I walk right into a store, and of course I am wearing my Intensity suit.
How else am I supposed to stop the jerk stealing stuff?
I send him flying with a blast of energy, but not enough to do serious damage. The masked dude crashes into a rack of magazines, his gun goes flying out of his hand.

The shopkeeper stares at me with wide eyes. Not sure on how to react.
He opens his mouth, but I hold up my hand. "No problem."

Strolling out, with no trouble.
I might as well appreciate the simple tasks while I can. The next fight, like with Vulture, will probably not be as easy.

A teenage girl runs up to me. "Can I take a picture with you?" she asks excitedly.

I smile," sure."
In typical millennial fashion, I take a selfie with her.

The girl grins, "Thanks."
I smile, and jump up into the sky.

Letting my arms spread out like wings, resembling what Peter Pan does when he flies, I feel the wind hit my face. My long hair whips around.
I love the sensation of not having a fear, or worry in the world.

I start to do barrel rolls through the air, until I get dizzy and drop.
Regaining my head, I begin to fly, allowing the tips of my boots to touch the water below me.
I soar up again, leaving the smog of the city behind.
The cleaner air filling my lungs, and the weightless feeling gets to my mind once more.
Why can't life be like this? No need to be afraid, or scared of the future?

I come to a halt in the blue sky, with wisps of the cloud floating around me.
Taking in the sights of the ground, for a few minutes longer.
Then I descend back down, where I spot someone else who needs my help.