29- The Last Straw

It's a good thing Tony decided to leave the 'front door' open. I walked right into his house, and yet no alarms went off.
The place is dark, and appears as if it had not been used in a week, but it still looks lived in.
I cannot find him anywhere in his main living room, which is probably the size of my own home.

"Good evening, Fiona," a female Irish voice echoes through the large room.
I jump in surprise. "Heeey, Friday."
"Boss isn't here at the moment," Tony's AI informs me.
"I can see that. This place looks empty." I relax a little.
"May I take a message for him?" Friday asks.
"Um, could you answer a few questions for me?"
"You are asking for my own answers?"
"Yes."

Friday is quiet for a while, and I begin to worry on whether she's notifying Tony. He would not be excited to hear from me at this time.
"What would you like me to show or tell you?" Friday finally comes back.

"Show?" I question.

"Yes." A series of holograms light up the room with a faint blue glow. "Which protocol?"

I walk up to the images. "What's this one?" I point to the one in the center.

"That would be the Training Wheels Protocol Boss has set up for Mr. Parker."

"What does it do? I thought it was just an internship."

"I am not allowed to give that information to you."

"Okay. Can you tell me what its not?"

"A simple task to turn Peter Parker into an Avenger, such as yourself."

"I'm an Avenger now?"

"Boss said you always were."

I do not say anything, and look at the other holograms.
"What's that one? To the far right."

"A mission for Natasha Romanoff. She is on a dangerous trip with Agent 25, Dylan Chase, and Stealth Hunter, who is..."
"My cousin," I finish, walking up to the holograph. I touch the image, and expand it.

I press the play button and watch as Black Widow, Agent 25, and Beth, joined by Red Widow, take on a group of hostiles. The footage is in black and white, but I can still make out who is who. "Where are they?" I ask when the video finishes.

"I am afraid I cannot tell you that," Friday responds. "Just like Protocol Training Wheels."

"You told me a lot of other stuff," I object.

"Boss believes that if you were to come unexpectedly, like you are now, he would have to make sure I do not tell you any information."

"Well, it worked. I know hardly anything more than I did before."

"I'm glad it worked," Tony says, entering the room. "Now what brings you here at..." he checks his watch. "10:00 PM?"

"I was wondering what Peter's been up to."
"Like what?"
"I was thinking you were the reason why he's not telling me anything."
"Uh, definitely not. All I do is advise him, and try to keep him from getting into trouble. If anything, he seems to be honest to you."
"That is not true. His friend ratted him out to me, telling me he's up to something."
"And you came here to ask me questions?"
"No Tony, I came here for your Iron Man suits," I said sarcastically.

"Look at that, my gift of sarcasm has rubbed off on you. We must be related," he jokes.
"You would be my crazy uncle that everyone thinks is cool, if we were related."
"Crazy uncle no, cool yes," Tony smirks.

I roll my eyes, "I don't have time for this."
"Neither do I 'Tense. I have no idea what Underoos is planning. Its getting late, and you should head home."
"Don't you care about what he's doing?"
"Yes. But this involves hiding stuff from you, that is way different than hiding stuff from me."
"Oh yeah? Why's that?"
Tony gives me a long blank look, then he says, "what have you two been up to in the past few days?"