5) The Party

"Oh Lily, he was such  a gentleman! He opened every door for me, paid for everything even though I brought my own money, and he even walked me all the way to my door before he left," I gushed.

"He definitely knows his chivalry, that's for sure," Lily agreed as we made our way to our lunch table. We sat down and I continued to tell her about my amazing night when Chris finally sat down with us.

"Who are you talking about?" Chris asked, digging into his sandwich.

"Skylar of course! We went on our first date last night," I happily informed him.

"Oh yeah, he said it was great and would love to go out with you again sometime," Chris told me.

"Really?!" I couldn't believe it! Maybe my time had come for me to have my first boyfriend! I smiled at the thought.

"So how was it?" Chris wanted to know.

"You already missed all the good stuff," Lily said with an attitude.

"Fine, but I want to hear all the good stuff to you know. Just cuz I'm a guy doesn't mean that I don't care about the details," Chris pointed out. Lily rolled her eyes and I began to tell him everything, Lily having to listen to it all over again. I smiled at Skylar when I saw him coming and he smiled widely when he saw that I saw him. However, my smile disappeared when Melissa blocked his path.

"Hi Skylar," she smiled flirtatiously.

"Hi Melissa," Skylar answered blankly.

"So like, my friends and I are having this huge party at my house this weekend since my parents are going out of town and I was like, wondering if you wanted to come?" she asked him, twirling a piece of her long brown hair. When Skylar didn't answer, she quickly added, "You can bring your cute friend Chris of course and whatever other guys you want to invite to."

"Could my friends bring they're lady friends and girlfriends?"

"Anything for you Skylar," Melissa cooed.

"Cool, then me and Chris will be there," he concluded.

"Great!" Melissa beamed. 

"More like crash and burned," I mumbled. Lily gave me an apologetic look and glared at her brother when he sat down.

"What?" he asked.

"Dude, seriously?" Chris asked.

"You just said yes to Melissa, Melissa of all people! Do you have any idea what she thinks that means?" Lily spelled it out for her brother.

"All of four of us are going because I'm pretty sure we're all friends here and she said friends were included," Skylar clarified.

"Whatever," Lily said coolly.

"Come on, we can all drive in Chris's Mustang."

"Whoa, who said I was ok with that? Do you know how crazy those parties get? I would never put my baby in harms way," Chris disagreed. We all gave him our big pouty faces. "Ok, but if something happens to her, Skylar is paying for it."

"Deal," the boys came to an agreement.

Saturday night came around and Lily, Skylar, and me rushed down the stairs when we heard Chris ring the doorbell. "Wow! You two look fancy," he teased. Lily playfully smacked his shoulder.

"Shut up! It's not everyday I like to wear a dress," Lily scolded. Chris laughed as Lily stalked past him.

"Let's get a move on already!" she called from the car, ready to go.