41) Recovery

I woke up the next morning feeling sore from where Jean had pushed me up against the wall, a painful reminder of her loss. I stripped my clothes and hopped in the shower. I turned the water to such a hot temperature that the water was steaming. The heat massaged my sore back until the pain went away. I dried off and decided on a pair of shorts, an old t-shirt, tennis shoes, and tied my hair up in a ponytail. There was so much to be cleaned up and I knew that the Professor probably drained his power trying to put certain things back into place. I hated not being able to walk around my room barefoot because of all of the glass shards from someone breaking through my window. Even my furniture was a mess! I found a cleaning supply closet and gathered what I needed. I propped my door open as I began sweeping up the glass. Collosus came in with Bobby and Curt to take what was left of my window out and installed a new one. I continued sweeping up the mess and then started to put my furniture back the way it was. I was so angry that they felt the need to shoot up my matress and bed sheets. "Would you like some help with that?" I jumped startled. 

"You shouldn't sneak up on people like that!" I scolded. 

"I know, but it's fun to see your reaction," Logan told me. I gave him that look and he just smirked and shook his head. 

"I can't believe I have to get a new matress and new pillows," I muttered angrily when I saw how bad the damage was."Those were super comfy pillows to and I was just starting to get used to sleeping in this bed." 

"Well you know, you could aways come sleep with me." I stopped when I heard Logan's words and the suggestive tone he used. I smiled at the floor, not wanting him to catch me blushing. 

"Do you mean it?" I asked, not believing what he was saying.

"Yeah and if you wanted, we could share a room. My room is plenty big enough for the both of us and I don't even use the walk in closet, which, as a girl, I'm sure you'd enjoy, and-" I cut him off by reaching up to bring his neck down low enough so I could kiss him without having to get on my tip toes. It was a passionate kiss, one that I had been waiting for ever since we got back. "I take that as a yes?" Logan asked when we broke apart. 

"Yes!" I exclaimed happily, nodding. The rest of the morning, Logan helped me clean out my old room and move all of my stuff into his room. It was so nice to have my own closet and his bathroom had a double sink so I'd still have my own space to. We got several confused, curious glances from students and teachers as they passed by. 

"So, what's the scoop with you and Logan?" Jubilee asked at lunch while Logan was catching up with Beast. 

"My stuff was trashed, so Logan suggested we just share a room," I announced. 

"You're living together now?!" Kitty exclaimed. 

"Yeah," I smiled ear to ear, blushing. 

"It sounds even better to hear someone say it out loud instead of hearing it in my head," I admitted. 

"Have yout two, you know, done it yet?" Rogue asked. 

"Oh no! I mean, I don't know if I want to. Oh gosh, what am I saying? Of course I want to, it's just that I've never done it before and if I'm gonna be honest, I'm actually scared to," I told her. "Am I too young to be doing that? And what if he's rough? I still want to be able to walk the next day thank you very much."

"You just have to tell him ahead of time to go easy on you, but hey, if you want to really go at it, then that's fine, but you gotta be the one to lead him on," Bobby advised. 

"How come you're such an expert with this kind of stuff?" Rogue asked. Bobby got all flustered. 

"I'm only repeating what I've heard Pyro tell others and you know how much of a player he was before he left us and before Anna showed up," he defended himself. Kitty quickly changed the topic after that not wanting the conversation to make me feel anymore uncomfortable than I already was and also because it was starting to get a little too awkward for Jubilee's liking.