35) Bobby's House

All of us slowly started falling asleep one by one as the ride continued. "Aren't we going to stop somewhere so you can sleep?" I quietly asked Logan.

"I don't need to sleep," was his short reply. I nodded and let my heavy eyelids close. 

I woke up startled as the car same to a stop. "We're here," Logan announced. I rubbed my eyes and unbuckled my seatbelt. I glanced around the car to see that Pyro was still asleep. I formed a big ice cube in my face and concentrated, melting it until it was liquid water, then splashed it in his face. He jumped, whacking his head on the top of the car. 

"We're here," I told him curtly. Bobby knocked on the door and then rang the doorbell, but there was no answer. 

"Mom, Dad, Ronny?" he called, cautiously opening the door, "Anybody home?" 

"Guess not," Pyro commented. 

"Make yourselves at home and there's spare rooms and bathrooms so everyone can change," Bobby announced. Pyro shoved his hands in his pockets, walking around the house and Rogue followed Bobby up the stairs. I followed the couple up the stairs with Logan close behind. "If you could take these down to Pyro," Bobby told Logan, handing him a set of clean clothes. "My parents' room is the one at the end and you can borrow a set of my mom's clean clothes. Rogue, wait here," Bobby ordered us around. I went through the dresser drawers finding a set of clothes for Rogue first. 

"Bobby," I called, searching the rooms for him.

"Yes?" he said, leaning out from a closet with a pair of gloves in his hands. 

"These are for Rogue."

"Thanks," he smiled. "Oh, um, my dad's shirts should fit Logan. They might be kinda tight, but at least it's something fresh."

"I'll let him know." I went back to the drawers, finding myself a shirt with flowers on it and a pair of matching shorts. I kicked my shoes off and started to take my pants off. 

"Uh," someone cleared their throat. I looked over my shoulder and saw Logan standing there, staring at me. 

"Oh!" I exclaimed, blushing. Logan shut the door behind him noticing my predicament. "Bobby said his dad's shirts would fit you," I told him. 

"Ok," he said. I changed into the shorts as Logan found a white t-shirt. He turned around, giving me my privacy as I changed my shirt. I turned around and saw his mucsled bare back before he pulled his new shirt on. I looked at the ground to hide my blushing before he could figure out that I had been checking him out. "Hey," he said, coming over to me and raising my chin, forcing me to meet his gaze. "I'm sorry that if I got frustrated with you back at the school last night," he apologized. 

"I'm sorry to, I shouldn't have kicked you out like that. It wouldn've been safer if you had stayed by my side all night," I returned the apology. 

"I was by your side all night," he reminded me. I laughed. 

"We stayed close to each other yes and as scary as that was, it was kind of fun."

"Really? You think so?" he asked with a smirk, putting his arms around me.

"Yeah," I said quietly, looking up at him. I pushed my lips to his and kissed him softly. I pulled away before it intensified. "We should probably head back down," I said. I plopped myself down on one of the big couches and decided to look through one of the magazines. Pyro had changed and was staring very intently at one of Bobby's family pictures, Logan was finding something to drink in the kitchen, and Rogue and Bobby were still upstairs. The house was pretty quiet until the door handle rustled. Logan came into the main room to see who it was. In came who I appeared to be Bobby's mom, dad, and brother. They all looked alarmed to see us. 

"Who are you and what are you doing in my house?" Bobby's dad asked, his mom grabbing the cat. 

"Uh, um," Logan was lost for words and pointed at Bobby when he came running down the stairs, Rogue close behind. 

"Mom, dad, this is Professor Logan," Bobby said, glancing back at him unsurely, "There's something I need to tell you. We were all seated around their front room as Bobby explained what the school actually was and what he could do. His parents were a little weirded out about the whole thing, but it was his brother that I didn't have a good feeling about. Logan's X Phone rang and when he came back, he said we had to leave. 

"Why what's wrong?" Rogue asked. He went to open the front door and there were cops everywhere out front. 

"Who ratted us out?" I asked. 

"Oh no, Ronny," Bobby mumbled. 

"Drop the knives and put your hands behind your head now!" an Officer barked. 

"I can't," Logan tried to tell them. Rogue and I obeyed, not wanting any trouble, Bobby quickly following. 

"Sir, I'm not going to ask you again!" the Officer warned. 

"I can't! Look, I-" Logan tried to explain, but instead, the Officer shot him. The bullet hit his head and he fell roughly. I screamed and started to cry. 

"This isn't happening, this isn't happening," I tried telling myself. I couldn't lose him, not now! Pyro still hadn't followed the Officer's orders and ended up fire blasting the cops and their vehicles. I gasped in shock. Was he serious? We're trying to live as mutants as peacefully as we can and then he pulls that kind of stunt? So much for staying out of the shadows. Rogue her gloves off, putting a hand in Bobby's and the other on Pyro's ankle. His fire started to dwindle and burn out, causing him to look at his hand confused. I understood what she was doing and used my ice powers to put out the flames. All of a sudden, Logan stood up and I looked at him greatly confused. He poped his neck as the X Jet appeared and softly landed. He turned around and held a hand out to me. "I thought you were dead," I said as I tightly embraced him. 

"I don't just have claws and heightened senses, I also have a healing ability," he informed me. 

"You don't say," I laughed, smacking his big arm. I kissed him fiercely as if it was the last time I'd ever kiss him again. "Don't you dare scare me like that ever again," I said when I breathlessly pulled away. We climbed into the X Jet and buckled ourselves in. 

"Hi Storm! Thanks for coming to get us," I said gratefully.

"Is everyone in your group ok?" she asked concerned.

"Yes, I think so," I answered. 

"Who's this guy?" Logan asked. There was a blue skinned mutant sitting in the back, but Logan didn't seem very interested in his story. We thought we had escaped without any problems, but then the Air Force came after us. Storm and Jean got rid of them easily, but then they sent out missiles. They tried to get rid of them, but one of them exploded right behind the jet and ripped the back of it open. We all braced for impact, but the jet started to slow down and the patch fixed itself. 

"It's not me," Jean said when we all looked at her expectantly. The jet came to a stop and in front of the forest floor was 2 people, an old man and a woman with blue skin that looked very similar to our new friend.