CHAPTER 30: THE ISLAND

I walked towards the people reaching out to me. I then turned my back towards them. The moment one of them put thier hand on my shoulder a large flow of energy shot into me. My heart started raceing and my body started shaking. "You okay so far" Velro asked me. "Just fine, although it's hard to keep all this mana in my body, if even a drop of it flows out I'll become a human bomb" I said through gritted teeth. "Then it would be good to waste that mana on a portal" Derek said.

I nodded and reached both my hands out in front of me. I focused hard on the place I wanted to get to. Suddenly a small hole appeared in front of me. The hole was about as small as a tire wheel. Derek looked on the other side of the portal. "Yup looks like a beach with dark sand, this has to be the place" Derek announced. "Yeah but no way anyones going to fit through a baby portal like this one" Velro said. I focused majority of the energy bring stored inside of me. It wasn't easy cutting through space but I had to make it work.

The portal started to expand more and more. "Good keep going Toby" Derek said. "I still can't believe you haven't died yet" said Velro. The edges of the portal reached the walls of the warehouse and started to push through them. The walls cracked and the portal pushed through them. "That's big enough Toby maintain that size for about an hour" Velro said. "Trust me with all this mana I can go three hours doing this" I joked. "Alright everyone grab any supplies you may need and move through the portal!" Velro ordered.

After an hour of me standing there keeping the portal intact and the army moving in through it I was finally the last to enter. I walked onto the dark sand as the portal closed behind me. The whole sky was blocked with dark clouds, the only light was from the moon behind the clouds. We were in a forest of dead leafless trees. "You feeling okay?" Derek asked, I nodded my head. "Yeah I feel great, still gotta lot of mana left" I told him. "Okay well were going to make camp here for the night then strike tomorrow" Derek said.

"Wait you know where Majesta is?" I asked. Derek pointed behind me "that castle looks like a good place to start looking". I turned and seen a large castle a few miles out. It was set up by the ocean and took up the whole beach. "We need to hurry before she spots us so tomorrows the best time to execute to attack" Derek said. "Sounds good to me, let's go get some rest" "ha tired alread" Derek teased. I smiled "of course, unlike you I know when to chill out".