Chapter Ten

Joint class came to an end and soon the students went back to their normal classes. Ruka and Natsume walked to class, and saw Dolly carrying Jenny, as the other two were clinging onto to her like she was going to disappear on them. "Hey Dolly. Taking the triplets back to class?" She nodded. Shifting the small girl in arms. Natsume took notice of her struggling so he scooped her up and walked with her into class. The girl stirred and smiled as she stood up. "It's Natsu-chan. Yay!" Jenny said as she jumped onto his back. Her ruckus got the attention of Yo-chan and he came up to Natsume and his expression changed from dull to happy.

He put his arms up and said "up, up

He put his arms up and said "up, up." He complied and picked up the small boy. Who was tiny compared to Jenny and her two siblings. Jenny got off him soon after he picked up the small boy and hugged Dolly instead. "I don't want you go. I want to stay with you forever." She said sadly. " I'm just going to class. Besides I'll see you at dinner. Okay?" The girl just stayed quiet and then let go. She looked up with a smile as pale fingers wiped away stray tears. "That's my girl. I love your sweet, happy smile, Jen. Promise you'll keep smiling?" The little girl smiled and sat down next to her blonde sister. While her other sister kissed Dolly on the cheek and they waved to her and Natsume. "Thanks for the help, Natsume. I was getting tired." He nodded and they took their seats and waited for class to start.

"How your party go? Did Polka dots behave?" She laughed at his question. "It went quite well. Mikan got along well with the others. Jane really connected with her though. But overall they liked her." He was pleased to hear Mikan didn't cause her any stress and got his manga out as she came up to their table. "Hey Doll-chan. Your cake was delicious. Especially your strawberry one. Those were my favorite." She said loudly with some drool coming out of her month. "Could you be any louder, loser?" Natsume said grumbling. Mikan glared at him and was about to shout, but Dolly shook her head and she huffed as she walked away. Dolly appreciated her restraint. But knew it wouldn't last. She was a person who needed to express oneself and keeping quiet, wasn't one of her strongholds.

Once class had finished, Dolly had went to get the triplets and take them to Damian. It was their fitting appointment, but Dante asked for some free time to hang with Tsubasa. Which was fine, but kind of short notice. 'I'll have to rethink my goodie plan.' She thought as the girls ran to Damian and she took the books she had lent him. "Girls, you be good and I'll buy you whatever you want next time we go to Central Town. Kay?" The three girls agreed and told Damian about their day. Dolly smiled and rushed quickly back to the dorms.

She first made her cookies. Mixing her ingredients, she placed it aside and lined her cookie sheet to prevent sticking and formed her cookies. She had decided on chocolate chip, snicker doodles, and sugar cookies for Natsume and Ruka. Once the cookies were baking. She started on her strawberry cake. Once her molds were placed in another oven, she started on the healthy snacks. Not knowing with each boys preference, she made two types. Cucumber and ham cheese. Once her player was set. She checked on her cookies. "Perfect." She said to herself. She placed them on cooling racks and then started her cake topping and frosting.

Only the time her frosting and topping were ready, she pulled her cake out and allowed it to cool. She checked her cake about fifteen minutes later, satisfied with it , she carefully took out the cake and started frosting the bottom, then the top layers. Satisfied with her work she put everything in a cart and brought it to her room. She let the tea settle and got cleaned up. Since she smelled like cookies and sugar. She double checked her placements and food. She smiled. Proud at her hard work. Then grew even more happy when she heard her guests at the door. They knocked and she opened the door. "Come in guys. It's all set and ready." All three looked amazed at her freshly made food, but the cake had their attention the most.

Yo-chan thought it looked like flowers

Yo-chan thought it looked like flowers. Pretty flowers. "It's pretty. And red." He said as he snatched a cookie from the plate. She googled at his antics. "Let's eat before he eats it all." She helped the little boy, munching on his third cookie and then cut cake for them all, serving herself last. She poured tea for Natsume and Ruka, and handed Yo- chan a juice box. She smiled as her friends seem to be enjoying themselves. Ruka commented on how pretty her cake looked and gushed at how delicious it tasted. 'Ruka really loves strawberries. And sweets. He's acting himself.' She looked over towards Natsume, who ate slower, but had about nine cookies on his plate. Dolly laughed to herself as she thought to herself. 'Natsume really likes the cookies I made. He may not vocalize it, but he likes the treats, just as much as Ruka and Yo-chan.' Yo-chan tugged on her sleeve and pointed towards her cup. "Do you want to try some?" He nodded and she helped him hold the cup in his hand. She didn't want any of her set broken. "Good. More." He said after drinking all her tea. She giggled at his expression and allowed him sit on her lap, as Natsume poured the two more tea. Yo-chan grabbed his cup and drank the way he saw Dolly drink. Slow and tenderly. Like she was holding a baby bird. Natsume was happy watching the two interact and thought about how wonderful she was with him. And not just him, but other children. He was lost in his thoughts as he ate his last cookie. Dolly placed three more and another piece of cake on his plate. "Thank you." She nodded with a smile and Then notice Yo-chan get off her lap and walk towards her violin. He carried the slightly heavy case, but couldn't make it the whole way.

"Would you like me to play my violin?" The boy nodded. And she got up after cleaning her face of any crumbs or frosting. The two boys still sitting watched as she carried both her violin and Yo-chan to her bench, and stood a few feet from him. When she started to play, Ruka noticed a drastic change in his friend. His breathing was calmer and his body wasn't so tense. 'He looks so happy and at peace.' He thought as he drank his tea. Ruka enjoyed her playing, but liked when played the cello or harp. But he enjoyed her playing, nonetheless and liked how at peace it made Natsume. His friend deserved peace and happiness. He deserved light in his dark world. And to especially smile. Though neither boy, weren't completely aware of her past, they knew when the time was right, she'd tell them her whole story. No matter how happy or sad it may be. He just wished her and his best friend to be happy and smiling.