Chapter Thirty-Eight

Dolly and Natsume weren't back yet. Mikan and the others were starting to worry. They had returned to their rooms, wondering where they could of gone. Then Mikan got the letter Dolly had written her. She opened it and started to read.

Dear Mi-chan,

I know things may seem grim, but don't worry. Me and Natsume are fine. We can handle anything together. I'm no longer sick and I feel a millions times better. I know your upset at Naru-sensi, but please understand, he did all he could do without getting into trouble. Please try and not hate him too much. We will be back in no time. Please keep Lucy and the others safe. I'm counting on you. So is Natsume.

Your friend,

Dolly

Mikan was now conflicted. She was really upset with Narumi, but maybe Dolly was right. What if Narumi couldn't do more than he had already done? She felt tired and let sleep take her. 'I promise, Doll-chan. I'll keep everyone safe.' She thought as she let sleep take her. 'Mistress, Mikan has read your note.' Lucy sent to Dolly. 'Does she appear to understand?' She asked back. 'From what I could tell, yes. But I'm not sure.' 'That will do for now. Take care of them. I'm counting on you.' She told her pet.

The next morning, there was no sign of the pair. The students grew anxious. Then Narumi-sensi came in to greet the class. He was greeted with upset faces. Then Mikan spoke up. "Narumi-sensi, I do not hate you, because I made a promise to someone, but I cannot take your class until Natsume and Dolly are back with us." She said leaving. Hotaru comforted her friend. The rest of the class had followed suit and the whole class relaxed in the grass.

Dante and Damian had worry all over there face. Tsubasa and the others of class b noticed. "Red? You guys alright?" Tsubasa asked the tall blonde. Dante slammed the table with rage, scaring everyone in class. He remained silent looking out the window. "Were worried about Princess Dolly. She's been missing since yesterday. Along with Natsume." Their friends grew alarmed now. "Shouldn't we be out there looking for her!?" Misaki yelled at the boy. He sighed shaking his head. "No one can do anything for her. She's out doing work for the academy." Tsubasa understood and spoke. "So both of them are truly fine?" Dante sat down. "Yes. She's no longer sick." He said as his statement got Kaname's attention. "How sick was she? Is it because she used her Alice so much?" Damian answered. "Yes and no." He saw they were now confused.

"Dolly has a healing Alice. It allows her to give part of her soul to another. But the price is high. Very high. She's been adding to Natsume's life span, due to life-shortening Alice. And it may not be my place, but she healed you too." Kaname was shocked she would go so far for someone she had barely meet. "But why?" He asked. "I thought you would get it. But I'll explain anyways. You make Tsubasa and Bear happy, and they are important to her. So she did it, to make them smile. But don't worry. Since she's not completely human, she can't die, because of losing her human soul. So she's alright. And I never told you this. She'd be angry if I did." Kaname and his two friends nodded. Promising to keep the secret. "By the way, she added another sixty years to your life span. She calculated you could do about two million stuffed animals, before dying out. Use it wisely, Kaname. Don't make her regret helping you." Damian said before reading his book. Kaname smiled with joy. "I won't let her down. I shall cherish my gift of life from her." Dante smiled, but created metal shields in front of everyone. Birds had crashed through the windows.

"Trouble. Damian you protect the middle school and I'll check on the elementary classes." Dante said as he flew off. Dante made shadow cages around the animals that had surrounded them. He soon surrounded the others and they shouted at him. "Let us out! We can help!" Tsubasa shouted. "Your no use to me if you fall under Reo's spell. Just stay put until my shadow disappears. Please trust me." Damian saw a classmate of Dolly's being chased and he saved him. He dropped him in his dark orb and flew off. Dante saw the triplets stand in front of their teacher and classmates. "Bears! Go!" As soon as they spoke, the bears transformed into ten foot bear. Armor decorated their bodies and flames licked their paws. "Ready. Set. Go." They said as they distracted the animals long enough for Hotaru to dig a large trench. Narumi and the others got all the students and watched as the little girls coordinated their movements. They were about to leave, but stood still for a moment. Lucy had transformed into a white tiger. She roared and the bears left, leaving the triplets with the others.

"Lucy is going towards Dolly. We been instructed to protect you all." Narumi nodded and they then went to check on class B. Damian soon released his classmates and they saw the chaos. A bear tried to attack Kaname, but birds came to his rescue. Thousands of birds soon chattered and covered the sky. "Let's help." Tsubasa said as they aided the teachers being attacked. Mikan had gotten to her class and saw her fellow classmates fighting. Her Alice activated and she sat with everyone.

Dolly flew with Dante and were soon joined by Damian. Lucy, Drake, and shame protected Natsume and Ruka, and they worked on breaking up the fighting. "Move up." She said. Natsume was picked up by Damian and Ruka by Dante. They watched as she froze everyone half way. She landed and they split up. "We should head to the broadcasting station. Mikan will probably put herself in danger." Ruka rode his giant eagle and Dolly carried Natsume. "Dante and Damian will handle the students." Lucy the tiger had armor appear and Dolly rode her as Natsume held on. "Faster! She's approaching the building." She said. The drakes grew bigger and flew above the three. 'I will protect her and everyone here.' Dolly thought determined.