Chapter Twenty-Three

Natsume and Mikan entered the room and saw Dolly just staring at the night sky. Her eyes watched the stars twinkle. "Doll-chan? Are you you now?" The girl turned to look at the nervous and scared girl. "I'm me now. Sorry about earlier. I was under a temporary mind spell. I wanted to apologize for anything I may have said or down. And I hope your opinions haven't changed about me. I cherish you both very much." Mikan got happy and hugged her. Dolly hugged back, as she started to cry. "I was so scared we would lose you forever. I just had to do-" Dolly 'shhh' her and let Mikan cry for a moment. "I know. I know, Mi-chan. But it's okay now." Mikan wiped her tears with her sleeve and smiled brightly. "That's the Mikan I know. Smiling, no matter what. Please keep a smile for me." Mikan nodded and agreed to try. She left to give Dolly and Natsume a moment.

Natsume was mixed with emotions. Happy and relieved the she was back and safe with him, but angered, another guy, especially a slime ball, tried to take his doll away. He had been since he'd enter the room. Dolly was concerned he was upset at her for some reason. "Natsume? Are you mad at me?" He said nothing in response and just held her tight. "Idiot. You could of died tonight. I know why, but you still owe me for worrying me." She smiled and hugged him. "I should say goodnight to the others and rest." Natsume waited in her bed after changing. He was allowed to stay overnight so he got ready. She returned a few minutes after and saw him. Eyes shut. Under the covers. "We both had a rough day, huh?" She said to out loud as she moved hair away from his eyes. She got under the covers and just stared at the sleeping boy now.

She smiled at him and booped his nose. "Goodnight, Natsume. Sweet dreams." She said as she kissed his head. She turned to her side and closed her eyes. Natsume subconsciously turned over and grabbed her tiny waist. He buried his face in her white hair and fell asleep to the smell of cookies and marshmallows. Her ears had been out since waking up earlier, and twitched every so often. They both had had a rough day and night, but was now at ease with one another.

Dolly had slept in until noon. Natsume watching over the girl, as she slept in her bed now. That morning all three had been discharged and Dante and Damian went to go to their part in the RPG maze. Natsume read a manga for a while, but then grew bored of it. He looked at her book shelf. Plays and classic literature were mainly there. A book with bedtime stories, most likely for the triplets. Then he noticed a photo album. He never really had one, so he was curious. He went to the first page. It was about the day she was born. He saw a man with long white hair, and blood red eyes, smile at a tiny infant, being held by a woman with pale skin. Her hair was black though. He smiled at how adorable she looked as a baby.

Next page was a collection of her first year. The pictures ranged from winter to fall. But then he noticed two young boys. Dante and Damian. They all looked happy in the photo. Then on the fifth page, he saw the now five year old, wearing a small crown and she sat next to her parents. All looked like royalty. Dante and Damian looked just as nice, just not as royal and were standing on each side of Dolly's throne.  After that page was mostly Dolly and the two boys, but then he saw another person. She appeared slightly older than Dolly, maybe Dante's age, and looked just like Mikan. 'That must be Anna. No wonder she's so attached to polka dots. She's looks just like her. They could be related almost.' He thought as he put back her album and saw her yawning. "You awake?" She opened her eyes to Natsume very close to her face. She smiled and kissed his nose. He blushed red and she laughed at his face. "Your so funny." He controlled his blush and responded to her. "Glad your feeling better. How about you get ready and we can check out the festival." She nodded and got her uniform and went into the bathroom. After a quick shower, she blow dried her hair and came out. She went to a set of draws and pick out a metal hair clip.

They left and went check out what the attractions were. At some point they were joined the mind reader and the three walked towards the Somatic class. Dolly then saw the S.A class and saw it was buzzing with life. "I'm going to see what Dante and Damian are doing." She said as she walked to get in line. She had followed Natsume and his friend, not really showing any interest, except for the occasional sweets, once they got inside, Natsume pulled Ruka's bunny ears. Dolly laughed at the two boys. And hearing Natsume's thoughts made her laugh more. "Natsume? Doll-chan!?" Mikan yelled while the group walked to her. "Oh Mi-chan! You look so cute." Dolly said as she walked around and inspected craftsmanship of her costume. "If you want to, Dante and Damian made one for you. It's not like mine, but they thought you could help out with their challenges." Dolly smiled and Dante flew over. "Since that's a yes. Shall we get you ready?" She smiled and allowed Dante to carry her bridal style. Natsume was conflicted. He wanted to see it, but also thought it lame. He then just picked on Mikan and she screamed loudly.

Tsubasa had heard her screaming and went to see what was the problem. Mikan came running to him and cried while saying how she couldn't be married anymore. "What do you mean, you can't marry? What did Natsume do to you exactly?" Dolly asked while trying to put her hat on. It just kept falling and she huffed. Natsume was about help, but Tsubasa got to her first. "Aren't you an adorable pirate? Dante chose well." He said as he picked up the girl and spun her around. "Your so cute!" He said as he kissed her forehead and cheeks. She squealed with delight and was now red. Natsume was now furious over the innocent act. Tsubasa and Dolly were like brother and sister, but he did not know about the older, handsome upperclassmen or her feelings for the boy.

"So Natsume, what you think? Don't I make a great pirate captain? Would you like to try and give the maze a try?" He shook his head no

"So Natsume, what you think? Don't I make a great pirate captain? Would you like to try and give the maze a try?" He shook his head no. As he turned to leave, she got an idea. "If you win you could make Tsubasa or me your slave for the day." Tsubasa got a shock face. He sensed his anger towards him and was not feeling up to being the scary boys slave. "Tsubasa-sempei, explain to our next contestants. I'll be waiting for you, Natsume." She said with a wink and blew him a kiss. He hid his blush as he listened to the upperclassmen that kissed his girl talk. Sumire, mind reader, and Natsume reached in and grabbed an item. Sumire got yappy ear plugs. Mind reader got a flower and Natsume got a talking cockroach. Both had failed and that left only Natsume. 'I'm going to make him pay for those kisses. No one kisses her, but me.' He thought as he got to Tsubasa challenge. He glared up him and he soon told his challenge.