Chapter Twenty-Nine

The dance soon was in full swing. Dolly, Dante, and Damian, took turns dancing with the triplets and Dolly even took some time to teach Yo-chan how to dance too. She laughed at his joyful expression and when he used his Alice to scare Mikan. Dante soon asked her to dance. "My lady, may I have this dance?" She smiled and both danced with prose and grace. They caught most of the students eyes. And Dante got numerous glares from many of her admirers. Once they struck a final pose, he kissed her pale hand and thanked her for the dance. Damian soon came up to the pretty girl and they soon danced. He impressed the ladies with his dancing skills and his girlfriend even clapped. Once they finished dancing they parted. Dante watched the smaller kids, as Damian took his girlfriend on the dance floor. He smiled. 'I'm glad he found someone. He deserves to be happy.' He thought as he watched his friends enjoy themselves.

He then noticed Dolly was no where to be seen. She wasn't dancing nor near the food. 'Where is she?' He thought, before being brought out of his thoughts. Tsubasa and Misaki had come up and the three talked. After dancing with most of her friends, she went up to the table and took cake. She stood next to Ruka and Natsume as they stood eating a drum stick. "Ru-chan, will you be asking Mikan to dance? I know for a fact she's really looking forward to it. I heard her myself." She said as the boy turned red. He stuttered with a reply. "I also heard Yuu was thinking of asking her for his last dance. I know we both don't want that. Right Ruka?" She said quietly. Both saw the kind boys eyes turn slightly to anger. 'Looks likes someone is jealous.' She thought as she finished off her fourth piece of cake. Natsume then tried convincing the shy, now jealous boy. "If what she heard was true, then you better ask her, Ruka. I know you can do it." He said leaving with Doll. He grabbed her hand and brought her to wooded area.

"Your not big on dancing, huh?" She asked the quiet boy as he touched her ears. Her tail moved back and forth as she waited for a reply. "Doll, I have a question. Could you answer honestly?" She looked at his now serious expression. "Of course. I always do, Na-chan." He laid down and she joined him. "I know you've been healing me. And I know you have to transfer your soul to do so. And that's okay now. But I'm just confused on why Dante and Damian don't like when you do so?" She smiled sadly and sat up. Thinking about how to answer, without causing too much alarm for him. "Well it's simple. Every time I transfer my soul, when restoring your body, I lose more of my humanity. If I lose my humanity completely, and can't control my demon nature, I no longer am the person you know." Natsume was worried by this. If she stopped being the Dolly she was now, could he still love her? No. That was a stupid question. He'd love her, no matter what she may become. Even if she stopped liking him.

"Can I tell you something, Natsume?" He remained silent as she continued to speak. "I'm not worried about that now. Cause I have a anchor to my true self, no demon could break. Would you like to know what it is?" He nodded as she looked at him. "It's my love for you all, especially you, Na-chan." Natsume was started to blush as she got closer to his face. "I love you too. More than you could ever know, Darling." She smiled through a blush as she kissed his cheek. He was surprised and she took hold of his hand as she lifted him up for a hug. He smiled happily as the two embraced. Her ears picked up Ruka approaching and let him go. She grabbed his face and kissed him. Right on the lips. She smiled as she stopped kissing him. "Ha. I stole your first kiss, Natsume." She said laughing at him. He smirked devilishly and kissed her back. She was shocked at his sudden action.

Ruka was also shocked by what he was doing. "N-N-Natsume? What are you doing?" He asked turning red. Dolly was cherry red and tried running away, but Natsume pulled her close to him and smiled coyly. "Oh nothing. Do you need anything, Ruka?" He said as he put his chin on her head. "I was going to ask Mikan now. Could you two wish me luck?" The pair had turned back to normal and smiled at the nervous Ruka. "Good luck, Ru-chan. Go get them!" Dolly said still in Natsume's grasp. "Just go, Ruka. Before someone else does." He said as they watched him run off to find Mikan. He kissed her cheek and whispered something in her ear.