Chapter Thirty-One

After some time, Mikan's determination was starting to inspire the rest of class B. Natsume rarely saw Dolly during the past couple of days. She wouldn't of eaten if he haven't of dragged her out of her room. He had no idea why she was so determined to make honor roll. Her parents were dead and she was an only child. "Dolly, why do you want to make honor roll? I'd really like to know why I haven't seen you." He asked the girl, who was currently playing with her cat. "I want to visit my parents grave and see my grandmother. She's visiting the human world for business." She answered quietly. She haven't seen her grandmother, since her parents murders. And she had received word her grandma would be in town soon.

"And your grandma is from your father's or mother's side?" He asked trying pry for more information. "She my Neko grandmother. My dad's mother. My human grandmother died from cancer. Which is why I agreed to coming to Alice Academy. It's the safest place for me, until I have to go back to my world." She said laying down now. Looking at her painted toes. "What do you mean 'go back'?" He asked feeling his heart ache. "Since I'm heir to the throne, I have to marry by twenty-one and go to the demon dimension for at least a year. Then me and my future king can do as we pleased." She sat up. Facing the quiet boy. His thoughts were about her and how he hoped she'd be by his side forever.

"I have never done a soul transfer, since meeting you, Na-chan. So if you ignored that voice in your head, you'd know I would be choosing you as my king." She hugged the worried boy. "I wouldn't leave you willingly." She felt him hug her back. She crawled under his covers and he touched her ears as he thought to himself. "Can I know more about your grandma? I'm sorry to pry so much." She smiled and cuddled into his side. "I'd love to tell you about my precious grandma. And my parents, if you would like." He nodded and let her talk proudly about her family. And he really had no idea how much he didn't know about the white haired girl.

"My grandmother's name is Dorthia Anne Marie. She was born February 14, 1900. Yes. She's really old." He was surprised, but since she wasn't a human, it made sense she could live that long. "When you ever do see her, she doesn't look a day over forty. She's aged well. Her husband, Philip, died when my father was a young man. The Neko tribe, my people were in a bloody civil war and he died in combat. Once peace was restored, she resumed the throne, until my father had finally found my mother. You can't be king or queen, until married to your true love. A decree made by the first king."

"Why does a ruler have to be married?" He asked. "In the first kings eyes, he thought it proved a strong commitment and a happy king would never turn into a tyrant. Something along those lines." He nodded at her explantion. "Once my father married my mom, Dutchess Maria. My mother was so pretty. Her skin Snow White and and midnight hair. Even her name was pretty. My father, was called James. I have my hair and eyes from him. I miss them every day. They died so awful. Sliced like butter. I was forced to watch. If I turned away, they'd kill Dante and Damian. So I watched. I never cried. My father hated to see my tears. So I said how much I loved them, before they died. The killers then left, leaving me alone with their bodies..." she stopped talking. A vacant look in her eyes. Tears fell off her cheeks. He pulled her close and let her cry. "It's alright. It's okay. You were a child. A scared child. If you acted out you could of lost so much more. Please stop blaming yourself." She wiped her face. "Thanks, Natsume. I'm sorry for crying."

"After my parents were murdered, my neko grandmother, took over until I turned eighteen and came back. I was placed in my maternal grandmothers care and she helped me used my Alice's. I met Anna when I came here. So that's one good thing. Probably the first human I met, that I liked, apart from my grandma. She was great. I owe her so much. They both their for me. But I'll always be near them. They live on in my heart and memories." She said smiling. He smiled back, tucking a piece of hair back. "I'm happy you opened up to me. I had no idea, I knew that little about you." She stared at him and said, "yeah. There's a lot, you all don't know. But that's okay. Your free to tell Ruka. I don't mind him knowing." She yawned. "Let's get sleep. We can talk more later." She agreed and turned onto her side. He turned the light off and watched her breathing get slower. 'Sleep well, Darling. You definitely deserve it.' He thought as he allowed sleep to take him.

The next day Dolly had spent her time with Natsume. His friends wondered why the girl was studying so hard. "Why are you studying? Your just as smart as Natsume, aren't you?" Mochiage asked. "I'm smarter than him, but I want to just make sure I understand everything. Plus if Hotaru is doing it, then I will. Imai is going down." She said reading a Stephen King book now. She needed to rest her mind. "How can you read and not trip though?" Another boy asked. "Cause I'm just that awesome. What's with all the questions?" They stopped asking once they noticed they were getting on Natsume's nerves. Dolly broke from the group and looked at Mikan's progress.

"Do you guys need help? It's okay to ask me." The minute those words came out, everyone surrounded her. She helped Mikan first and she was over joyed at the fact she finally got it. She then helped the others one by one. Her sensitive hearing picked up Natsume helping the others as well. 'Natsume, your so kind.' She thought as she made sure Mikan understood all the things she didn't get. She then heard Dante approaching her class. "Dante. What a pleasant surprise. What's up?" The tall blonde grew embarrassed at his reasons for being their. "Could you help me out? No one I ask knows this or isn't any help." He laughed nervously. She guided him to her seat. And she began to tutor to older boy. Amazing everyone in the room.

"Wow. Dolly is so smart, she can even tutor a middle schooler." A person said. "I wonder if she'll beat Hotaru and Natsume this year." Another said. Some of classmates mumbled among themselves. Damian entered with the triplets and she soon left with her group. Lucy stayed with Natsume. And he continued to aid his friends with whatever they asked. Mikan was happy to see him doing something nice in a nice way. Dolly motivated her more and she took out the notes, she had been given. 'Thanks Doll-chan. I won't let you or grandpa down.' She thought as she continued to study.