Chapter Eighteen

Today was Dolly's birthday. Students of class B were excited. They had everything planned out. Now all they had to do was set up and be as sneaky as possible, around the perceptive girl. Most acted normal, but Mikan wasn't good at holding in her enthusiasm. Dante had suggested to the pig tailed girl to just make up an excuse to not be near her, until it was time. Mikan agreed to this sadly and just hung around Hotaru. Dolly had been around Natsume most of the day. Which was fine, but he didn't allow her leave at all. At first it was adorable, but now he was starting to get on her nerves. But she hid her annoyance with him. "Let's head back to class. I forgot to grab the candy I wanted to share." She sighed heavily. "Of all the things you could of forgotten, you forget my birthday candy. " Natsume laughed nervously, hoping his plan was working. She showed no signs of suspicion, but she was hard to read sometimes. Even for him. As the pair walked, Dolly felt watched, but couldn't pinpoint where or who it was. Damian had instructed birds the tweet when they got near. They class heard birds chirping and got into positions.

Dolly opened the doors and noticed no one at first. Then jumped when everyone popped out and yelled. "Surprise!" She looked towards Natsume and then towards the large group. "Is this all for me? Really?" They all nodded and Dante held her cake. Her eyes grew big when she saw the chocolate and strawberries. "It's beautiful. And smells so good!" She said inhaling it's scent. Dante smiled and Damian just chuckled at her weirdness. "Your eyes are showing, Doll." "Who cares. I want cake." Natsume smiled at her excitement and demands.

After everyone sang happy birthday, Dolly sat between Dante and Natsume

After everyone sang happy birthday, Dolly sat between Dante and Natsume. Next to Natsume was Ruka, Sumire, Koko, his blonde friend, and telekinesis kid. Next to Dante was Jessica, Jennifer, and Jane. Then Damian, Tsubasa, Mikan, and Misaki. Dolly wore a slash, with 'Princess' on it. Mikan thought she should feel like one, but Dante and Damian found it ironic. Dolly was true royalty, but since she didn't like her chosen future husband. He made her uncomfortable and felt like a pawn to him. So her refusal to accept him, had caused quite a fire storm. But in the end, her mother and father supported her decision and made a last decree, before they were murdered. Anyone who she chooses, shall be Demon King to all Neko demons. Rather he be human or other species. This angered Prince Alexander and since that day, he's been MIA.

"This cake is so yummy. You really out did yourself, Dante." Dante blushed and nodded towards Mikan. "Time for gifts! Open mine first, Doll-chan." She said excitedly. She opened it and said "wow. Thank you so much, Mi-chan." She said as she took out a cat shaped cookie jar. It looked just like her precious Lucy. "It looks just like your kitty." Lucy woke up from sleeping on Natsume and jumped on the table. Soon the dragons flew over to examine to jar. Puzzled by its likeness. She spotted a giant red bow box and Dante helped her reach. She took off the bow and tied it around her pet. "You just wanted the bow for Lucy, huh?" Dante said watching her put it on the demon cat. She nodded her head opened up the box. After opening up everyone gifts, she saw Natsume holding a box on his lap. He handed her the present and said, "save the best for last, right?" She giggled at his cheesiness and opened it up. She sucked in a breath and was blown away by what he had gotten her. "It's beautiful, Natsume. But it must of cost a fortune?" He looked at her and smiled, "seeing your smile has no price. You have no idea how much you deserve too." She was just lost in how beautiful it was. It shined and gleamed in the sun rays, that had reached her table. He helped clipped it on and observed her admiring the small gift he had brought her. It took him a while, but he was finally able to find something that symbolized her.

She symbolized an angel in his life

She symbolized an angel in his life. One who was always there and healed his wounds, both physical and mental. She calmed the storm whenever it occurred and stood strong against Persona. And he wasn't going to share his miracle with anyone. She blushed at the compliments she was getting. Natsume was happy on the inside. 'I'm glad she loves it.' He thought. The party soon ended and the middle schoolers went back to class. Class B was all cleaned up for their next class. Dolly showed no emotion as Narumi announced the school festival. She knew about it, but didn't bother getting excited about it. Since her class was banned from making something, she was thinking of maybe joining Mikan and the S.A. But decided against it, since that left Natsume out. She couldn't leave her partners side. She sighed as the class buzzed. "Your free to join Polka dots, if you would like." Natsume said, taking notice of his friends sigh. She shook her head no and smiled up at him. "I'll be alright. I've come to accept my reality at this school. Besides. I can't leave you all alone now. Can I?" He smiled and they listened to the teacher going over stuff.

Once class was over, joint class was next. Dolly had convinced him not to ditch and Natsume and Dolly went together to deal with their teacher. Natsume noticed the tip of her cat ears were turning black and her tail was also tipped black. He didn't point it out, but was going ask later in private. 'Why she losing her white fur?' He thought as class started. Persona took note in the small change in her appearance. 'Healing Natsume, must be taking a toll on her. Interesting to see her full demon form.' He thought as he taught his students their lesson.