Chapter Twenty-Eight

Mikan and Hotaru were stuck together so the two helped Dolly get ready. "Your hair is so soft, Doll-chan." Dolly smiled. "Thanks Mi-chan. Your hairs nice too." Hotaru brushed her long white hair. It reminded her of snow. "Would you like to cover your eye? I could use make up." Hotaru said as she made two small braids and tied them back. "Yeah. I would appreciate it. I don't need to student body seeing my seal mark." Mikan watched as Hotaru covered her mark. "Doll-chan? Why do you have a mark?" Dolly was unreadable, but smiled. "Cause it brings false comfort for the academy. It hurts from time to time, but I allow it to stay." Mikan nodded. "Are you really a princess?" Dolly nodded. She grew excited, but got smacked by her friend. "Quite moving me."

They finished with her and she felt weird. "I feel strange, dressed up as a boy." "That's cause you only wear dresses or your school uniform." "I guess your right, Hotaru. You should go help set up with the lights. Narumi is sending someone over to get you." Hotaru smiled. "Your hearing always amazes me." She said as she and Mikan left. Ruka came in. Dolly was still weirded out by her costume. She liked the play. It was well written. But was now unsure. "You look great, Doll-chan. Don't worry so much." She turned and saw Ruka. "Sweet as always, Ru-chan. Let's do our best and make it a hit." She said.

The play then started. Mikan was happy to see everyone helping out. She would of loved a bigger part, but spending quality time with Hotaru was a big plus to being stuck by sticky balls. "Ruka-Pyon, is great at acting. Don't you think so Hotaru?" She said joyful. Hotaru smiled as she monitored the lights. Soon it was Natsume's part and both snickered as he meowed. "That was a pretty good meow, but Doll-chan is the best at meowing." Both girls came down to relax and watch the rest of the play. "I can't wait to see Doll-chan, she got so happy when Narumi-sensi mentioned she be playing the prince." Mikan said happily. She thought she looked amazing, dressed as the prince.

Soon Sleeping Beauty had put Snow White into an eternal sleep and Dolly acted as a heartbroken prince. But no one saw the script change Narumi had done. Dolly saw a sign, that read ' Kiss on the lips.' And was now panicked, but her hat and the lighting hid her emotions from the crowd. "I'm sorry Natsume. Ruka. But I have too." She whispered to Ruka. Ruka opened his eyes and saw the pretty neko going in for a kiss. Natsume was pissed. But he wasn't mad at the two. He was mad at Narumi. 'He will pay.' He thought as Dolly inched closer and closer to Ruka. They were centimeters away, but an apple came flying towards Dolly, stopping her just in time, while someone had cued all the lights. The curtain came up and all actors took to the stage, two of which were feeling really awkward.

"Ruka, I'm sorry about the kiss. I had to and couldn't think of a way out, without ruining the play. Please forgive me." She said. Her voice laced with concern and regret. "It's okay. It wasn't your idea. Let's just forget about it. Okay Dolly?" She smiled and nodded. The pair were being watched by a certain fire Alice. Dolly sensed Natsume and came up to him. "Natsume you did great. You made such a cute kitty." She said giggling at the expression he made at the mention of being called 'cute'. "Don't call me cute, silly. And you were great also. Narumi is going to pay though." He said. She nodded. Agreeing with him.

After the play had wrapped up, everyone had gone to get ready for the dance. Dolly and the triplets went with Hotaru and Mikan and Ruka and Natsume went with Dante and Damian. Hotaru got ready first and then attended to Mikan. Dolly took care of the triplets hair and helped them adjust their halos. She fishtailed Jessica and Jennifer's, while curling Jane's. Once they were finished with hair, they each dressed up their bears. Dolly got dressed and was about to do her hair. "Let us help, Dolly." Hotaru said. Both brushed out any knots and Hotaru curled her hair, while Mikan did a crown braid.

(Dolly's hair

(Dolly's hair. So lovely.)

She took a moment and was stunned to see how pretty she looked. "I look just like mother. I miss her so much..." she said breaking down in tears. Hotaru and Mikan both hugged her as she cried. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't be crying at a times like this." She said as she tired hard not tear up again. Mikan hugged her tightly and gently rubbed her back as Hotaru comforted her. "It's okay. Everyone needs to cry from every now and then." They cleaned her up and they left the room. The triplets came out and the boys thought they were adorable. Yo-chan came up to Jessica and pointed as he said, "cute." She blushed embarrassed and was scooped by Damian, who kissed her nose and spun her around. Dante picked up Jennifer and kissed her cheek, while tossing her up in the air. Jane was next, as the older boys made the girls giggle and laugh, earning a few fan girls.

Soon Mikan found them and complimented them. Natsume had seen everyone, but the one person, he really wanted to see. Dolly. "Where's Doll?" He asked Mikan. The pig tailed girl shrugged and Yuu, had came up and pointed to a large group of boys. "She's stuck with her fan boys. Her face is like cherry red." He said feeling bad for her. He had tried to help, but the glared had scared him too much. Natsume pushed Ruka into Mikan and went to rescue Dolly from her fan boys. They all left and she smiled with relief, as she hugged him tightly. Vanilla and sweets evaded his nostrils. "What am I going to do with you, Doll? I think your too cute for others to see. I might just hide you away." He said jokingly as he picked up a Snow White curl. She giggled at him. She felt happy.