Chapter Twenty-Four

After Natsume beat Tsubasa's challenge, he came to a curtain. The heading saying, 'Pirates cove' Natsume smirked. "Wonder what kind of challenge they have for me?" He walked through the curtain and saw a made shift cave. "Were surprised you made it this far. Are you ready for a challenge?" The triplets said at the same time. They smiled mischievously and stated their challenge. "This is Candy cove. Protected by a fierce sea monster, you win by avoiding the monster and retrieving that key for us. If you get the key in thirty seconds, you may pass on the next challenge." Jennifer whistled and tentacles came from the walls and moved fast. Natsume studied their movements and then saw their pets were moving the long robotic tentacles. He jumped on the two black bears heads and narrowly escaped getting struck. The triplets clapped excitedly and and opened the door. "Good luck, Na-chan. Dolly's challenge is really hard." He entered the next room and wondered what the next challenge would be. 'That was kind of fun.' He thought as he looked up and saw Dante and Damian dressed as pirates.

(The triplets

(The triplets. From left to right. Jessica, Jennifer, and Jane.) (Dante and Damian are in the top image.)

"Well look who made it. Not surprising, though. You looked pretty determined earlier." Dante said as Damian nodded. "For your next challenge you have to get across the birds, without harming them. Or us." Damian said as he formed shadow birds. "You have thirty seconds. Oh, when touched they multiple. Just to let you know." Dante said laughing. Natsume looked for a way and then got an idea. He backed up and slide as fast as he could, after distracting most of the birds with his talking cockroach. He stood in front of them beaming. "Too easy." Damian was disappointed in his birds, lack of self-control, but was glad to see him pass it. "There you go. Dolly is eager to challenge you." Damian said as Dante smiled at him. They nodded and waited for the next person to come.

Natsume was on a ship and there stood, Dolly, smirking. "You think you can win my challenge, Natsume?" "I beat everyone else so far. It can't be that hard." He said mockingly towards her. He kept his blush under control. She looked amazing in her pirate captain costume. And he always loved her hair down. It framed her face nicely. "You have thirty seconds to tap my shoulder." He wondered what the catch was as he walked up towards her. She multiplied and soon her and her clones moved and switched places. Lucky for him, he had a good eye and kept track of the original. He disappeared from the circle and tapped her from behind. She smiled. Though he couldn't see her expression, he knew she was happy he had beat her challenge. "You've always had a watchful eye. Huh? Well you'll have to work harder for your next challenge." She hugged him, once she called back her copies and he smiled inwardly. 'Difficult, but I could pick her out from a thousand copies.' He thought as he came up to Mikan's challenge. After beating her he was in front of the lamp table. He ordered Koko to read Tsubasa's mind and he grabbed a lamp. When the name was revealed, he was surprised. It read 'Mikan'.

Mikan wasn't very happy about it, but honored the deal. Dolly hid her disappointment and slight jealousy she had begun to feel. They went back to work as more people were coming their way. Dolly put on smile, but underneath it, she was trying to ignore negative thoughts. Dolly soon was allowed to leave and Dante joined her. They explored more of the festival and saw riding chickens. "Let's check it out." Dolly said, clutching her pet. Shane was wrapped around her arm and Dante sat next to Natsume, as Dolly got into a chicken. She waved at the two, but Natsume sensed she was upset. 'Wonder why she's upset? It couldn't be that I picked Polka dots on accident. Could it?' He thought as Mikan got her red flag. She smiled as she saw her determination to impress Hotaru. She got off her chicken and sat between Dante and Natsume. Keeping an eye on Mikan. Soon the boys robot started to soar, but all could tell he had no control at the moment. Mikan ran off in the direction as Dolly flew up with Dante to help from the air.

Before the robot crashed, Dolly grabbed the boy and Dante got Mikan, but couldn't land smoothly. They both crashed, Dolly flew over, worried for the two. Soon a crowd gathered as Dolly examined his now spranged hand. Since he shielded Mikan from the fall, she was perfectly alright. Soon a principal student walked over and ordered those involved to come forward. Dolly stood by Dante. And Mikan stood by her. "Are you injured?" He asked the three. Mikan shook her head no and Dolly said, "just his wrist." She watched as he healed the boy and smiled, feeling relieved Dante was better. "Who's responsible for this contraption?" Hotaru then came from the crowd and he lectured her. Dolly watched as Mikan defended the girl.'Shes so loyal. Hotaru is very lucky to have her own Anna.' She thought to herself. Dante saw her face fall and picked her up. She was confused. "Your sad, Darling. Let's go do something to bring your smiled back." She smiled sadly and wrapped her arms around his neck. She buried her face into his shoulder and relaxed. Natsume now grew worried about her. She was acting very odd. He hoped she wasn't in pain or her seal wasn't flaring up. Though he would have find out another time. For the meantime, he was stuck with Polka dots and Ruka.

Dante carried the quiet girl to some sweets and the two sat and ate their pie. "What's wrong? Your very off. Is it cause, Natsume picked Mikan's lamp?" She stopped and put her tea down. She sighed and nodded. To ashamed at herself to feel such negative things. "You know he didn't mean to. He was after Tsubasa's. Please stop thinking otherwise. I adore your happy self. So do the rest of us." She looked up and smiled. "Your right. I think he likes me, but I still don't know. You know?" She said drinking again. Dante nodded, understanding her confusion. Unless he told her how he truly felt, she wouldn't know for sure. Though he still wondered about hers though. How she felt about the fire Alice. "May I ask a question?" She nodded and he took a deep breath. "How do you feel about him?" She looked up and saw him try and hide his fear and hurt emotions. "If I tell you, will you not be to sad about it? You try your hardest, but I can see right through you. And I'd hate to have you hate me after my answer." Dolly said with worry on her face. "I could never hate the one I love. I will respect any decision you do decide, my dear Mitress." She smiled. Glad she wouldn't lose his respect and friendship.