Chapter Thirty

Natsume had bent down and asked, "will you still like to dance the last dance with me?" She lightly blushed and kissed his nose as he let go. "What you think?" He matched her smile and the two walked onto the dance floor. She placed her hands on his shoulders and he held her waist. As they danced, they toned out the world and just enjoyed the music and dancing with the person they loved. Ruka had gotten the courage to ask Mikan and they danced. Both with a heavy blush. Yuu and Hotaru danced with one another and soon everyone was paired up. Dante danced with Jennifer, as her sisters danced with Yo-chan. The boy was having a blast and liked that Dolly and Natsume were dancing together.

Soon it was time for final exams. Dolly was excited. She wanted to win the prize for making honor student, but she saw how upset Mikan was and started to debate rather or not to give it her all. "Don't worry about Polka dots. The last thing she would want you is to not give it your best." She smiled and the pair left. "You don't need to escort me, Na-chan. You could stay with Ruka." Natsume shook his head. "Ruka is fine. Besides, what kind of boyfriend, would that make me?" She giggled as he brought her over to her friends. He left to go back to the classroom. "Dolly with the others?" Natsume nodded and read a book he borrowed from her. "Where the book from? You only read manga." Ruka said. Natsume ignored his comment and continued to read 'Animal Farm'. "It's difficult, but it's actually pretty good. And I'm trying expand my reading materials." Ruka smiled at his friend change.

It was a subtle change, but good for him. Dolly is different too. Since meeting them and now Mikan, she was happier. Much more happier. Her nightmares weren't every night and she seemed more happy too. Everyone liked her happy and smiling.

Mikan was determined to make honor roll, and see her grandpa. Her classmates, aside from Hotaru and Dolly thought she was crazy. They saw no point in trying and just did what they normally did, not study and slack off. Though they were curious as to how smart the white haired girl was. The smartest people they knew so far were Natsume and Hotaru, but when it came to Dolly, they had no clue. Dolly, Dante, and Damian started to prep for a long week of studying. The triplets took on the job of pet sitting and behaving. Which they were good at. After the tea party, Dolly went back to the classroom and join Natsume. "How was your tea?" "It went good. We all have a long week, but it was good. Here." She handed him a box. He opened it and saw cookies of all kinds. "Thanks Darling. Your so sweet." She smiled and they waited for their last class to start.

As Dolly had finished drying off, she heard a knock. She checked her time and thought it was a little early for bed. "Hello?" She said as she opened her door. She smiled seeing who it was. "Hey Doll-chan. Sorry to bother you so late. But I was wandering if I could come to you for help." Dolly showed no expression and yanked the girl in. She squeaked at the sudden motion and almost tripped. "I've been taking extensive notes and coping them in these notebooks. I figured they come handy for you." Mikan took the notebooks and was shocked at how nice and detailed they were. "Oh Dolly. You didn't have to go though so much trouble. But thank you so much." Mikan said as she hugged the girl. "I'm here, if you need help. Just knock. Or find Natsume." Mikan smiled brightly and left. Natsume was closing his door and saw polka dots run off.

He entered and saw her back turned towards him. "You can play your violin later, Doll. Let's get some sleep." She smiled after putting the instrument away. "Your early." He smiled as he held her hand as he guided to his room. A door connected the two and so it was easy to join each other. "I just wanted to spend time with my Doll." He said as he moved stuff off his bed. She crawled under his covers and laid on her side. Her ears and tail appeared and he subconsciously stroked them. Causing the now sleeping girl to purr, loudly. It brought a smile to the stoic boy and he soon put down his book and turned off his lamp. He pulled her towards him and let her sweet smelling hair evade his dreams.