Chapter Thirty-Two

Soon it was the day exams started. Dolly felt confident about passing. 'For grandmother.' She thought as Narumi entered the classroom. He had passed out the exam and the others were freaked out by it. 'A love letter, huh? Easy. I like Narumi enough to write one. Poor Natsume. He hates him though.' She thought as she most of her classmates expressions. She smiled with joy. Poetry was another hobby she had. She read and wrote it, whenever something inspires hers. Or someone. She had finished and noticed she had finished first. 'Lame. I'm going to be bored now.' She thought as she left the classroom. She put in her earphones and listened to music.

After a while, people soon started to join her. "So how do you think you did, Doll-chan? You finished first and so fast." Mikan asked the girl. "I love poetry. And it was easy. I expected more of a challenge." She said. "What you write, Natsume?" She asked. "I left it blank." He answered as he walked off. Dolly smiled and followed the boy. "You could of least pretended. I know it doesn't effect your rank or anything." He didn't respond and she shook her head as she petted her kitty. "I wonder how Damian's doing. He sucks at anything language related. But he's great at math." She said more to herself. She put head in Natsume's lap and closed her eyes.

"Is their anything you can't do, Doll? You dance, play the piano, violin, cello and harp, on top of reading at a high school level. Not to mention can read and write in five different languages." She laughed at his statement. "I'm not the greatest at chemistry or geometry. And I do struggle with Spanish. There's lots of stuff I can't do. Don't be silly, Na-chan." He shook his head he felt her long white hair. Soon science was next and she grew excited. She thought her sensi was cute. But she made sure not to mention anything around Natsume. He'd get annoyed or mad. Natsume and Dolly were walking to lunch and Mikan and a few others joined the pair. She smelled Persona approaching, but hid her disdain for the man. She didn't want to alarm Natsume. Persona observed his two favorites and took note of the positive change in the two, then saw how caring Dolly was towards the girl with brown pig tails. 'Interesting. She must be quite attached to that girl. And Natsume attached to Dolly.'

After lunch break, it was social studies. Dolly grew agitated when she heard the one person she could care less about to approach. She and Lucy hissed quietly as he entered the classroom. Natsume didn't understand her sudden mood change, but when he recognized Who the substitute was he understood completely. He grew scared. Dolly grabbed his hand, calming his nerves and they both did their best to not focus on the fact, Persona was in their class. After the exam was over, Dolly and Natsume left quickly. Avoiding the others. And especially a certain teacher. After dinner Dolly and Natsume snuck out and met up with Persona. "What the hell do you want Persona?" Dolly snapped towards the smirking teacher. "I merely wanted to see what's with the sudden change in you two. You both no longer hold a look of despair. I simply wanted to know why." He answered as he ruffled the girl's hair. "Your hair is so long now. It's soft and pretty. Reminds me of the first snow. " She glared at him. Mad she couldn't cut his heart out or break his rib cage. Natsume yanked her towards him and she hid behind him, shaking with hot rage.

If looks killed, hers could burn a whole country to the ground. "I'd be careful Natsume. Just all I have to say." He said as he killed a few leaves with his deadly Alice. When he was finally gone, Natsume focused on getting Dolly calmed down. Her eyes glowed red and rocks were floating. Her shaking getting worse. "Please calm down. We don't want anymore trouble." He said as he embraced her. Soon rocks that were floating, had fallen down and her eyes were no longer glowing. Her expression no longer filled with rage, but worried now. "Yeah. Your right. We can't have Mi-chan getting hurt cause of us." He nodded. And kissed her nose. "Let's go get ready for bed." She took his arm and they walked peacefully towards the dorm. 'I won't let anyone harm you, Mikan. Never. I may have failed at protecting those I care about before, but I'm stronger now. And no one will stop me. Not a soul.' She thought determined.  They soon called it a night and slept as soundly as they could.