πέντε - five

Are Pihu and Virat ever going to meet? Is this another slow-burn?

Am I torturing you... again?!?

I really don't know where it's going to lead.

I fucking have no clue.

We all sat on the dining table, everyone eating quietly. Only the sound of cutlery was heard. My family had believed that I hadn't got the job and so they were trying their hardest to cheer me up.

Oh, I love them.

"Pihu, it's the first time you've not been successful, it happens!" Papa breaks the silence.

"Ya, Pihu." Gayu starts next. "When I had started my YouTube channel, it was tough!"

"Didn't papa say that he would give you the Accenture job?" Ma spoke out and I couldn't hold it anymore, I started laughing.

"What?" Gayu said. "What's so funny?"

"I've got the job, you guys!" I smiled. "But thanks for showing me you cared."

"Ha!" Papa said, laughing. "I knew it! How can Pihu not get a job?"

"Hhat, you scared us!" My mom put a hand on her heart. "When are you starting?"

"In two weeks." I nodded and then gulped. I hadn't told them where.

"Actually I wanted to talk to you about that." I said.

"What?" Ma dished out more veggies on my plate.

"The job's in Dubai." I said and closed my eyes. When I heard no shouting, I opened one eye.

"Huh?" I muttered.

"We know, buddhu." Papa said. "When you had told us about the job, your ma and I had researched the job. After Washington, we knew you would try to take jobs which required you to travel." He laughed.

"Wow, thanks!" I said. I was blessed with good parents, I swear to God.

"But they want me to work in Mumbai for a couple of months. They want to see if I would adapt to the job." I said.

"That's fantastic." Ma said. "We have a house there, remember Ravi? You can stay there."

"Aw, you'll be going away!" Gayu said.

"Sorry but you can come with me?" I asked her.

"I've got the YouTube fest in Atlanta, remember?" She said, getting up with her plate and putting it in the sink. "You go and enjoy."

"Thanks, I hope I do."