είκοσι οχτώ - twenty eight

"Anushka?" I whispered to myself, getting up from the sofa.

"Can I come in?" She asked.

"Uh, sure." Virat let her in and she walked inside, stopping when she saw me.

"Oh." She muttered. "I'm so sorry."

"It.. it isn't what you've been thinking." I hesitated. "We're friends, we were actually waiting for Arun to come in, he was supposed to be here by now."

"Anushka, meet Pihu." He came in slowly, seeing us.

"Pleasure." I said. "I should be going now, actually."

"Wait, isn't Arun going to be coming over?" Virat asked me, pleading me to stay.

"I'll talk to him." I walked over to my suitcase. "You guys should talk."

"Thank you." Anushka said and sat on the sofa. "Vee?"

Don't call him that, please.

"Let me drop her off." Virat didn't look at her. He followed me, without waiting for her reply.

"Virat." I stopped him once I got to the door. "You should go and talk to her."

"What about you?" He asked, holding my hand. "What about everything that happened at England?"

"Virat, we were acting." I forced out the words out of my mouth. I didn't want to do this. "Nobody was supposed to know about this, remember?"

"Everything?" Virat pulled my face towards his. "Look me in the eyes and tell me you didn't feel anything. Tell me you didn't feel the sparks."

Every word of his brought tears to my eyes.

I looked at him, my tear filled eyes meeting his.

"I didn't feel anything."

He let me go.

Two small chapters in one day I know😢😢 I'm sorry😢😢😢