δεκαοχτώ - eighteen

"So, how glamorous is the party going to be?" I asked him as I sat in his car, him driving. Have you ever been driven around by Virat Kohli?

Those arms can cause mindfuckery, I tell you.

"Just be yourself, it's going to be okay." He nodded.

"Okay." I hummed, looking out through the windows.

"This is so big." I awed, looking at the surroundings. Damn, this was not a party, it was a full blown throwback into the 17th century.

"Stay with me, alright?" He said, putting one of his hands around my waist.

"Aw, you want me to stay next to you?" I cooed at him, him instantly blushing.

"Shut up." He smiled as Yuvraj walked up to him with Hazel.

"Virat bhai, who's this?" He immediately gets to the point, eh?

"I'm Pihu, Virat's girlfriend." I smiled, immediately hearing congratulations from the couple.

"Well, I'm glad he got over her." Hazel says as a look of pain flashes through his face before he's normal again.

"Well -" I trailed off.

"Come on." She pulled my hand, taking me away from him. "You need to meet the others."

Virat's POV

"Virat, not bad!" Yuvi raised his glass towards me. "She's pretty and looks smart too."

"I'm just getting to know her, really. It's only the beginning." I said, uncomfortable. I didn't like Pihu in that way, sure she's pretty beautiful but my heart still belonged to Anushka.

Sigh.

"Aare, don't you worry." Yuvi took a sip. "She's wonderful, as far as I can see." He pointed at her direction.

She was giggling with Hazel and Ritika, by far looking the best out of them three (no offence). She just had the perfect body, perfect face and everything else. But I wasn't in love with her. Though, she would be perfect for someone else.

That wasn't me.

"Virat, what are you doing here?" Varun came over, thumping me on the back. "Everyone's talking about your new girlfriend. Introduce her to me!"

After a while, I escaped. I was overwhelmed with all the attention, all the faces that wanted to know what was happening between us. Out of the two of us, I can safely say Pihu was the most diplomatic. Every word she spoke turned the attention away from me and onto her and everybody was hooked.

I was on the balcony, looking at the picture of lights below. I honestly wished I wasn't famous. Maybe I could've had Anushka then.

"Hey." A soft voice was heard behind me. Pihu's.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, just wanting her to get back in the room. It was cold here.

"I'm sorry." She said.

"Why are you sorry?" I turned around to look at her positively shivering. Immediately taking off my coat, I wrapped it on her, making sure she was warm.

"You and Anushka." She said, looking down.

"You know, then?" I asked, looking away.

"It's not the end. You can still win her back." She said hugging me, the warmth coarsing through my body. Slowly I hugged her back, my arms tightening on her waist.