τριάντα δύο - thirty two

"Vee, what are you doing?" I asked him as he put a blindfold on me, and pushed me to walk further.

"Shh, for once in your life, shut up." He said, though I could hear the laughter in his voice.

It was in the evening when he had barged into the house and had rudely asked me to dress up before taking me out. It had been a two hour drive to wherever he was taking me.

"Virat!"

"Okay, babba. Open the blindfold." His voice was further away.

"Vee, if you ditch me here.." I trailed off, looking at the sight.

It was beautiful.

He had brought me to the carnival. An empty carnival.

I looked around, stunned.

"Have you brought me here to kill me?" I shouted the question as I spotted him, standing at the cotton candy stand.

"What, no!" He vehemently refused, looking me with one eyebrow raised. "Take it as an attempt for you to stay here." He handed me a black and pink cotton candy.

"I remember, see?" He smirked when I gave him a questioning gaze.
(Comment if you know what he's talking about :D)

"You didn't have to spend so much of money renting it out, you know?" I nudged him and as he began to open his mouth, I shut him up.

"But, thank you."

~•~•~

"Virat Prem Kohli!" I shouted as he kept hitting me with his bumper car. "Let me drive, na!"

"You're such a bad driver, I can't help it." He laughed.

"Leave me alone, I drive pretty fine." I scowled at him to which he laughed.

"Haha."

"Shut up!"

~•~•~•

"Ooh, let's go on the carousel!" I pulled him in the direction of the ride.

"Kya baccho wali ride hai, let's go on the roller coaster!" He pulled me in the direction of the coaster.

"Is it my treat or yours, mister?" I tapped my foot, making him look at me with an annoyed look.

"Acha, meri maa. Chal."

He sat on the chair while I immediately sat on the horse.

"Why don't you want to sit on the horse? Are you scared?" I asked the last part in a baby voice.

"Not scared, this is the best angle for me to click impromptu pictures of your ugly face."

"Hey!"

~•~•~•~

"Vee, I'm so tired." I said, leaning on to him as we sat on the Ferris Wheel, waiting for it to start.

"Acha, after this I'll drop you home." He nudged me. "Look at the sunset, idiot."

I didn't look at the sunset.

I looked at him.

His face, when the last rays of the sun hit his eyes, I saw it's true colour. It was a warm brown. Exactly the kind of brown that made you fall head over heels with the guy.

Ah, fuck it. Who was I kidding?

It wasn't his eyes. It was just.. him. Everything he did, everything he is. I loved him as Vee. Not Virat Kohli.

As the ride ended, I quickly got down and walked away, hearing him calling my name. At this point, I didn't wipe my tears. He should know.

I turned around and looked at him.

"Why are you crying?" He asked, concerned. "Did I do something?"

"Why?" I sobbed. He made a move to come closer. "Why do this carnival thing?"

"You told me, remember?" He said, which ironically made me cry even more. I never thought he was paying attention.

"Virat, please. Just stop." I begged him and he seemed more confused now, coming closer.

"Stop what?"

"This." I pointed to the place. "Just stop all this. Don't do this to me, don't make me fall for you again and again, until there's nothing left to salvage."

I took a deep breath.

"I'm drowning and you aren't saving me, you're stealing my every breath."