τριάντα ένα - thirty one

If you think that I'm going to start all the cutesy stuff now
You're probably right😂

"What's up?" Chanchal asked me as we drank some coke in my house. Chanchal worked at Lyca Designs, which explains why she had such amazing fashion sense.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" I asked her, curious. She was so pretty, guys must be asking her a lot!

"As a matter of fact, I do!" She grinned. "He's the sweetest."

"Good." I muttered. "You make sure he knows that you love him."

"What's wrong with you?"

"Well." I giggled. "The guy I genuinely like is in love with someone else, who's in love with him. So, technically I'm like this third wheel."

"You can use names, you know?" She said, taking a sip. "We all know it's about Virat and Anushka."

"They belong together, honest." I muttered, pitying myself. "God! Why me?"

"The question everyone's asking nowadays." She looked at her phone as a message came. "The office needs me, you'll be fine na?"

"Yes, yes." I waved. "Go."

"If it helps, I really liked you and Virat."

Anushka's POV

"Virat Kohli!" I shouted, hitting his back. "Put me down!"

"No!" He shouted back, with glee. "Say that I'm the hottest cricketer that you know."

"Okay, okay!" I laughed, making him stop twirling me. "I give up, you're the hottest." I put my arms around his neck as he put me down.

"You're the best."

"Huh, I know."

"Nushki!" Katrina woke me up. "I've been calling you for the past ten minutes."

"Tell?" I slowly got up from the bed, stretching my arms. It was all a dream.

"You'll love me forever, na?" Virat asked me, turning towards me.

"Of course." I reassured him.

How could I do this to him, then?

"Listen." Katrina said, as I zoomed into reality. "It's not healthy, doing this. What's the matter? Virat's talking to you!"

"He's not the same, Rina." I murmured, looking at her. "He's not the Virat I know."

"You've to give him time to adjust, babe." She sat on the edge of the bed. "He had such a hard time trying to get over you."

"Maybe he did get over me." I whispered.

"Maybe he loves someone else."

Ahhhhh, I'm obsessed with BTS. Dammit, what luck😂😂