επτά - seven

A week later

I was standing in front of the BCCI Headquarters.

I was nervous, scared shitless.

There's one thing I had forgotten to take into account.

The amount of cricketers that would be walking around the building, especially in the Finance department. Wow, my dream come true. I was giddy with excitement, at least I would meet one cricketer today.

One thing not many people know about me was that I was a closet cricket fan. You can compare it to being a closet directioner, I guess. My family were the only ones who knew about my obsession, at least I hope they did, with the amount of times I would stop preparing for an exam to see any match. Not only India, but literally every team. I had my favourites and my not so favourites as well.

I walked in the building and was faced by the receptionist.

"Hi, I'm the new executive assistant for ICC?"

She looked at me for a couple minutes and just when I had thought she was going to shoo me away from here, she smiled.

"They told me you were coming. Pihu Ahuja?" She said, leafing through some papers.

"Yes. Thank you." I said as she handed me a file.

"That is your startup pack to this building. The map plus where to eat, not eat it's all marked. It also had your pass, so that's going to give you entry to the elevators. And you're supposed to go on the eighth floor, to meet your supervisor, Aarushi Rattan." She said it in one breath.

"Thanks and you are?"

"Pragya, just Pragya." She smiled at me and showed me the direction of the elevator.

I walked towards the elevator and gave the pass to the security standing there. He took a look and nodded, making way for me to get in the elevator. Wow, so many crazy fans had walked in here, then.

"Hold the elevator!" A man's voice was heard, causing the security to keep a hand on the door, to prevent it from closing. He walked in, without a smile to the person and the elevator pulled us.

Rude.

This is what you've been waiting for😂😂