έξι - six

One week later
Mumbai, India

And here I was, at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, collecting my bags. Amanda had emailed me my supervisor's details and I had contacted her to confirm my joining and the date. I still had a week to figure Mumbai out, maybe get some friends.

My parents had given me the keys to their flat that they had here, they had said it was in Bandra West, I think. Anyways, it would only take maximum thirty minutes from the airport. Might as well go slowly, I have no rush.

I walked through the duty free aisle, looking at the things on sale. They had so many stuff and I couldn't keep my eyes off of the things. If there's one thing people know about me, it's that I love shopping. I couldn't keep my hands off of the stuff here.

Soon, I saw this man wearing sunglasses and a hoodie browsing through chocolates. Damn, he must have had a long long flight. Poor guy. Suddenly I saw him looking left and right, until he looked directly at me. Or I thought he looked straight at me.

Damn those huge ass sunglasses.

I shrugged off my thoughts and exited the airport, getting a taxi and telling the address. In the cab, I called ma to inform her that I had landed.

"Acha, in the same apartment, our friend Riya and Akash Mehra live. Their daughter, Chanchal is the same age as you. Maybe you could get to know her?" My mom said as she roamed around the kitchen, cooking something.

"Ma, I can find friends of my own!" I huffed. "But fine, I'll talk to Chanchal."

"Thanks beta, I'll tell Gayu and papa that you've reached, they'll probably call in the evening, okay?" She asked me.

"Yes yes, I think I've reached anyways, okay bye ma, muah!" I said.

"Muah, stay safe!" I heard from the other side as I cut the call and got out of the cab. The driver took my suitcase out of the trunk and I payed him the amount. He nodded while counting the money and I walked in, going straight to 8203.

As soon as I had unlocked the door, I was immediately drawn to the view. Wow! The sea was perfectly seen from here and it was so near! Since I was on the eighth floor, the view was fantastic. As I looked around the house, my smile dropped.

It was dusty. That probably mentioned that I had to clean it.

Someone save me.