είκοσι πέντε - twenty five

I'm not going to write each and every match day, sorry💛

Champions Trophy 2017
Match 3
India vs Sri Lanka

"Virat." I called out his name as he walked over to the cycle and basically ignored me.

"V, I'm so sorry that I took your phone to listen to songs!" I said, looking at him. You cannot blame me, he had really cool songs.

Oh, but that's not all he was pissed off with.

I 'accidently' took some pictures of him while he was flexing his muscles in the mirror in front of him.

Oh, that's not all.

I posted the picture on Instagram from his account and made it so painfully obvious that I was the one who clicked it. So much so, that Bhuvi and Shami had immediately sent me private message offering me congratulations within two minutes of the picture being posted.

It was so funny.

But of course, Virat was being a sour puss

"Vee, come on." I looked at his Instagram profile from my phone. "That picture nearly got like two million likes! Plus, your Instagram follower number went up."

Silence. That guy must love giving silent treatments.

"Okay, stop pouting." I went up to him and gave him my phone. "You have one free pass to post whatever you want, no questions asked."

"Really?" Virst finally opened his mouth, making me jump into his arms and letting him carry me around.

"Yes. Finally!" I squeezed my arms around his neck.

"Koala, you're choking me."

"Bandar."

"And Sri Lanka wins by seven wickets!" Ian Gould says. "India had batted beautifully but their bowling line up weren't able to slow down the run rate and weren't able to control the openers."

"True." Sangakkara replies. "The Captain will look at the team even closely, see what went wrong this time and review it. All in all, a superb victory to Sri Lanka."

I looked at the bathroom. It had been two hours since the match had ended and half and hour since Virat had locked himself in the washroom. I mean, people do take half an hour in the shower, but knowing Virat for the past few days, I knew he wasn't showering.

He was berating himself in the shower.

As he came out, I saw the red eyes. God, he had been crying in the shower as well. I waited as he put in some clothes and then slept on his side of the bed. Quietly, I went to my side of the bed as well and lied down, all the while facing him.

"It's okay." I whispered after a while. "You had to lose after a while na, you can't win every time. They'll think you're a God."

He cracked a smile at that.

Seeing this, I quickly hugged him like a koala, kissing his neck a short while later. He needed it.

Or did I?

He squeezed me a little tighter and then looked at me and I mean, proper look at me.

The world stopped.

His eyes were gazing into mine but they soon dropped to my parted lips, begging him to kiss me. My inner self was cheering inside, finally happy as to get closer to this guy who quite possibly, had started to worm his way into my heart.

He looked at me again, asking for permission with his eyes.

I nodded.

It was the kind of kiss that made me realise how much I needed this, I needed him.

And I didn't regret it, not one bit.