τριάντα - thirty

"What are you doing here?" I asked him as he barged in the house, looking at me.

"I need to talk to you." Virat spoke up, looking at me.

"What could you possibly talk about?" I closed the door and folded my hands over my chest, looking at him.

"What's your favourite food?" He asked, sitting on the sofa.

"Are you kidding me?" I laughed, looking at him. "Why are you asking about my favourite food?"

"Can't I ask?" He countered back, looking at me.

"I mean, you can." I shrugged, sitting opposite him. I gave in, answering his question.

"I like chaat." I said. "Any kind of chaat, it doesn't matter."

"How many days?" Virat suddenly asked, looking at me.

"What do you mean, how many days?" I asked back. This conversation was full of questions.

"How many days until you go to Dubai?"

"You know."

He suddenly stood up and came closer to me.

"How could you possibly not expect me to know, I don't understand!" He threw his hands up, narrowly missing my face. "You- you did something that was fucking impossible, let me get over Anushka. Please, please don't leave me." He kept his face on my tummy, his beard tickling me.

"Everyone knows it's best of you get together with Anushka." I muttered,  looking at his hair and running my hands through it. "Besides, I can't quit before I've started, yea?"

"Please, stay with me."

"I can't."

"I can't loose my best friend."

I dry swallowed. His best friend, all I was to him as his best friend.

"Accha." My voice broke. "I thought Dhoni or Yuvi was your best friend?" I smiled, despite the tears accumulating in my eyes. I quickly took my hand out of his hair and managed to wipe my tears away, hoping to God that it didn't look so obvious.

"No." He shook his head, his beard tickling me even more. "You're my best friend."

"I'll be only a phone call away, you know that." I muttered. I had fabulous luck. "And besides before that, I have a month of looking at your pretty face." I smirked, only it came out more as a grimace.

"A month?" He finally put his head up, looking at me.

"Then I have exactly thirty days to make you change your mind." 

Aw, Vee. What an idiot😂