The Truth

I take a deep breath before speaking.

“What about it?”

“Well I've just been thinking about it a lot. Trying to figure stuff out in my head. When I kissed you, it was meant to be a friendly kiss to calm you down since you were so upset that day. But when I did kiss you, I felt something. I didn't know what it was at first, but after our talk earlier when you admitted that you do have feelings for me, things started to click in my head. And what you said to me that day at Dunkin Donuts started making sense. When I kissed you earlier I was testing something...”

“Testing what?”

“To see if what I felt the first time was there again.”

“And was it?”

“Yes...”

“Well what did you feel?”

“I don't know... but I'm beginning to think that I was wrong all along.”

“About?”

“My feelings for you... I think I do look at you as more than a friend and you've seen it all along. I was just blinded by it because I still had the whole incident with Leana on my mind.”

“Jimmy that happened several years ago.”

“So? That doesn't mean I don't still think about it. When you go through something like that it haunts you for years.”

“Alright...”

“Look. My point is, I think I'm in love with you.”

I stare at him kinda shocked and try keeping my breathing steady. Okay I was not expecting that. I thought he was just telling me that he does feel for me more than friends, but not in love with me. I look down and fiddle with my fingers. He grabs my hand and rubs the top of it with his thumb.

“Look at me, Becca.”

I blush deeply and look up at him. I try avoiding his eyes, but he makes direct eye contact with me.

“I can't hide from the truth any longer. The truth's been right in front of my eyes this entire time and now I need to acknowledge it.”

“Well how can I trust you?”

“I can prove it to you.”

“How?”

“You'll just have to wait and see, but I promise you I will prove to you that I truly am in love with you.”

“Okay,” I smile.

He smiles at me before leaning down to kiss me. I give him a tender kiss back before slowly pulling away. I glance into his eyes for a few moments before sighing happily.

“You make me happy, Jim.”

“I'm glad I do.”

He takes my hand and laces our fingers together before continuing to walk.

“Wanna call Matt now to come back and pick us up?”

“Sure,” I smile.

“Great.”

He takes out his phone and dials Matt's number.

“Hey man. We're ready to be picked up... Alright we'll meet you outside where you dropped us off.. Alright see you soon. Bye.”

He hangs up and smiles down at me.

“They'll be here in about ten minutes.”

“Okay. Let's head back to where we came in now.”