The Funeral

It's been a week since the fatal car accident that killed my mother. That's right, she didn't make it. We knew she wouldn't, we were just hoping that there would be some Godly miracle that would keep her alive. Guess you shouldn't get your hopes up. We're having her funeral today and of course, the entire side of my mother's family is going to be there. I don't want to see them, but I can't just not go to my own mother's funeral.

“I never even got to say goodbye...” I frown.

Zacky comes over to me and hugs me.

“Me neither, Becca. I've been so busy with the new album, I just didn't have time to call her or visit her.”

“You have a reason as to why you didn't. I don't. I haven't been working or anything. I've been home or with Jimmy.”

“Remember that we had just literally got back from the tour. It had only been a day or two since we got back. You didn't know she was going to get into a car accident. Don't feel guilty about this and certainly don't blame yourself.”

I just shake my head and sigh.

“Okay. I guess you're right. Are you ready to get this day over with?”

“Yes.”

He grabs my hand and gives it a comforting squeeze.

“Are the guys going to meet us there?”

“Yes. They should be on their way to the funeral parlor now, so we should head out too.”

“Okay good. I know I'm going to need Jimmy there to comfort me.”

“I'm sure he will. I know he will.”

I give him a small smile and head out to his car. I get in the passenger side and wait for him to come out. After he locks the house up, he gets in the car and drives to the funeral parlor.

“So after the little memorial get together at the funeral parlor, we're all going to head over to the cemetery for the burial.”

“Okay.”

He glances over at me and gives me a smile.

“Everything is going to be alright.”

“I know.”

I smile at him and lean back in my seat. He pulls into the funeral parlor parking lot and gives me a look when he turns the car off.

“Ready?”

“Not really, but I know I'm going to have to go in eventually.”

“Exactly.”

I just sigh and give him a look.

“If any of them say anything that gets on my nerves, hurts my feelings, or makes me feel worthless, I will cause a huge scene and probably end up killing somebody.”

He frowns and I just get out of the car and slam the door shut behind me. Jimmy comes running over to me from his car.

“Hey baby!”

“Jim!”

I smile and throw my arms around him for a hug.

“I've missed you.”

“I've missed you too, baby. Are you ready?”

“No, but I know I have to do this.”

“You'll be alright.”

He gives me a kiss and I smile, kissing him back.

“I love you, Jimmy.”

“I love you too. Now come on.”