Good/Bad Idea 3: Drake's Poof

So in the books i don't think they mention Drakes poof so here you go (its emotionally damaging)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Drake knew it was coming. But that didn't stop him from getting in an argument with Caine. There was a lot of yelling and throwing stuff. And that's when it happened. His world started to slow, everything suddenly had a harsh greenish tint. He knew he had to say no to the thing. The hard part was that he knew who it was gonna be.

Drake looked up to see his dead father standing there, not looking as dead as Drake had last seen him, in his casket.

"Hey Drake," he said in a friendly voice. "I'm back."

Drake didn't move. He had prepared himself for this. He promised himself he wouldn't shed a single tear, after all, this wasn't his dad. His dad was 6 feet underground.

But it sure felt like this was real.

"I'm not going with you." Drake said with finality, trying to get this over with as soon as possible.

"I never asked."

"I said I'm not going. You can leave now."

"Drake, don't you want to talk at least a little bit?"

"No." Though it was hard for Drake to say.

"Drake I'm your father. I died protecting you. I took a bullet to the head so you could survive." he said, trying to stir Drake's emotions.

"How dare you. I wasn't born yesterday. I know who you really are and you can't convince me you're anything else."

"Don't you at least want to talk Drake? Don't you want to see your father just a little, only for a couple seconds?"

"You're not my father! My father is long gone! I would know!"

There was a pause. Drake interrupted it.

"I had my father's blood splattered on my face. I watched the criminal run away like a coward. I know my father is dead and gone."

But Drake knew he wanted to stay for a couple seconds.

"Even if I'm fake, you know your mother and little sister are out there, worried about you."

"I know they want me dead."

"None of your family wants you dead! That's why they're family and not strangers."

"And what do I have when I get out of here? Huh? An abusive step-dad and a mother who constantly fucks up his shit to piss him off and gets all whiney when he beats her? And that's the best case scenario! What if I'm arrested for manslaughter and put in jail for 50 years and leave as a decrepit old homeless man and die on the street? Sounds amazing."

"Well, Drake. If that's how you feel, I'll leave."

Drake had to pull back his impulsive need to shout "Stop!" because he knew he wanted to see his father again. But he had to keep telling himself No, Drake. That's not your father. And it was hard for him to see his father's glare as he faded away. It was hard for him to see his world slowly return to normal speed.

"What's that look on your face for?"

Drake had forgotten about Caine standing there, when they were fighting a couple minutes ago.

"The poof."

"Ah." Caine's temper seemed to fade away, along with the tension in the air.

"Who'd you see?"

"Nobody." Drake said. "It was nobody."

Drake decided he would end the argument here.