Kevin at Coates (Drevin): Pt. 2 (1/2)

Btw I'm changing the name of this series to Drevin cause that's my new fav ship to there you go

-School Bus Sam The Sammy Sam Man

The Fayz had officially begun.

Caine didn't know what had happened, as did the other kids, but that didn't stop his leadership skills from taking over. He had gotten everybody in the cafeteria, many of them grateful to have someone in charge.

"Okay. I'm sure you're all very confused as to what's happening, as am I," Caine said to the crowd, hushing them, using the techniques his public speaking trainer taught him, "but there's no need to panic."

While Caine droned on to the crowd, Drake and Kevin stood with Diana behind him.
"I bet you any money the girl in the ginger pigtails will whine about something first. Then the kid with the fancy undercut will join her. Guy with the blond hair will side with Caine." Kevin said.
"How would you know that?" Drake whispered back.
"Watch."

And just as Kevin predicted, the ginger girl raised her hand like a student would.
"Yes?" Caine said.
"Why are you already stepping up to be leader? We haven't even voted on one."
"Well, would you rather spend 4 hours debating who's more fit to lead or find out what's happening?"
No response.
"See?" Kevin delivered a smug look to Drake, who responded with "Pure coincidence."
The kid with the fancy undercut joined her.
"Yeah. She's right! Why should we have just you to tell us what to do?"
Caine looked annoyed when he said "Because I don't see you standing up to keep control of the situation."
"Okay. That's kinda weird. But still, coincidence." Drake whispered.
"Wait for the blond."
The blond spoke up.
"Caine is right. We shouldn't waist time picking a leader. We need to find the adults."
"How did you know that would happen? Are some sort of psychic freak?" Drake asked.
"The ginger is super rebellious and whiney. The guy with the undercut likes her. And the blond guy is super gay. He likes Caine. You side with who you like."
Drake looked impressed.
"What's the gay guys name?"
"Why do you need to know?" Kevin smiled.
Drake elbowed him. "Just tell me."
"I don't know. But I think it starts with an r. Like, Ryan, Raquel, Rodger maybe."
"Hm."
Kevin wondered why Drake wanted to know.

~~~

At this point Caine had gotten moofs and normals separated. Most of the moofs had cement on their hands by now.

Kevin and Drake were in their dorm when they were arguing over how extreme the cement was.
"It's cruel, Drake! These are people!"
"They're not just people they're freaks and they're dangerous."
"What if I was a freak, Drake? What if I had powers? Would you mercilessly throw me to Caine and watch me suffer?"
Drake sat down on his bed with his elbows on his knees, looking at the ground.
"Well?"
"No."
"No what?"
"I wouldn't let you suffer."
Silence.
"Why did you want to know his name?" Kevin's question sounded more like a command. Drake felt compelled to ask what he meant but he knew what Kevin was implying.
"I just wanted to know. It's not a big deal."
"You didn't ask what the other kids names were.
"I didn't care."
"Why?"
"It doesn't matter!" Drake yelled as he stood up so quickly it pushed the bed back. Kevin took a step away, cautious. "Stop nitpicking everything I do and say!"
Kevin was avoiding eye contact, looking at anything but Drake.

~~~~

It had been a few days. Caine had organized who would go where when they went down to Perdido Beach. Kevin would stay behind and keep watch over Coates with Benno.

He watched the black SUVs drive away. He didn't want to be left here, with kids tied up like dogs and Benno. He shuddered at the thought. It had been a rough couple days with Drake. He was always on edge, which made Kev nervous.

Guess he would just have to wait.

~~~

It was getting dark now. Kevin packed a backpack and hit the road, walking. He decided he wanted to talk with Drake. He knew where Caine would be. Caine would tell him where to find Drake.

~~~~

Drake was changing into sweatpants when he heard the door bell. He didn't bother to put his shirt on as he answered it.

"Kevin?"
"Oh, wow. Nice outfit you got there." Kev said as he blushed. "No shirt with sweatpants and everything. What are you? A fourty year old man going through a midlife crisis?"
"Why are you here? How did you get here?"
"I used my legs."
Drake yawned and said, "Come in. I made coffee."
"Right before bed?" Kevin said as he stepped in the small house.
"Does it look like I sleep to you?"
Kevin looked Drake up and down.
"No." The statement was followed by a smirk from Kev and a blush from Drake, with the modest and unfamiliar need to cover himself.
"I'll ask you one more time. Why are you here?"
"I missed you. I needed to talk."
Drake was surprised someone actually missed him.
"About what?"
"Our fight. A couple days ago."
The blond took a deep breath.
"I've been thinking about that."
"So have I. I'm only now mustering up thr courage to ask you, why did you need to know his name?"

~To Be Continued~