A Long-Time Love

A/N: I would just like to point out ahead of time that a big storm came through and I had no power for 1 1/2 days! I was worried I wouldn't be able to update, but the power JUST came back on! On another note, thanks to the storm, my neighbor's trampoline is now missing, a tornado took out several of my cousin's neighbor's houses, and a tree broke through my friend's window and out their roof. Not to mention the fact the several power line poles have been knocked down!

---------------

(Levi's POV)

I had to find it out for myself. I keep doubting (Y/N) with this whole Nathan shit. Can she really not have noticed? OR, even better, does Nathan really love her? All I knew was that I had to find out.

I broke my pencil that I was writing with. Putting it down, I sighed and stood up from my desk and my huge pile of paperwork.

I decided to walk over to the window. However, when I looked out the window, the first person I saw was Nathan. Not far behind him was Cana.

The two started out like they were just talking, until their conversation seemed to take a turn in the wrong direction.

They were fighting. And I knew what they were fighting about.

As quickly as I could, I ran out of my office and out of the HQ building. I instantly ran to Cana's side, much to her surprise.

"Excuse me, Nathan, I need to borrow Cana for a second." I said this as formally as I could.

After Nathan nodded, I instantly pulled Cana off to the side.

"What do you think you're doing?" I whisper-yelled at her.

"He needs to wake up! He needs to confess, then (Y/N) needs to choose!" Cana whisper-yelled right back.

I sigh in defeat.

Cana continues. "Oh, come on, Levi. (Y/N) will choose you. You aren't doubting it... are you?"

After I didn't answer, Cana asked another question. "You believe in her love for you... right?"

(Nathan's POV)

I can hear everything they're saying.

Yup. I've noticed my feelings for (Y/N) a long time ago.

But, I'm with Cana. Honestly, I think Cana is the perfect way to forget about (Y/N). But, for some reason, I can't really seem to completely forget about (Y/N). No matter how hard I try, I can't completely forget my feelings. However, I love Cana too!  It's all so confusing!

I think that this is why I hate Levi Ackerman. But, I also respect him.

He got (Y/N) without even trying. And I have been trying my entire life...

In the underground, I wanted to protect her. In the training camp, I wanted to stay by her side. But it seems that the only one that noticed my efforts was Cana.

However, I know that I can't go on like this forever.

"Alright." I intervened Cana's and Levi's conversation. "I'll confess to (Y/N). And when she rejects me, I think I'll be able to move on."

-----------------
A/N:

Aaannnnddddd, the power is gone again, and I'm back to square 1!

Hopefully I will be able to update tomorrow!