CH 5

I ran into my house in the Victor's Village and burst right into the door. My parents and Darius were there on the couch watching the television waiting for the mandatory annoucement to come on and ruin every life of the familes in all the districts. I could see that my father was mad probably because I was in the woods without telling them. My mother didn't even look at me, she was so in her own world. I think she has been like that since this morning when we heard the news. 

" Marigold Johanna Mellark, where have you been!" He already knew the answer but asked it anyway. "Were you by yourself?"

"No I was with Baron." 

"Well you should have been here--

"Peeta, I really don't think this is a good time to be angry." My mother interrupted

"Your right honey, sorry Mair." Then he kissed her slightly on the cheek. I took in this sight because I felt in my heart, that I might never see this again. But I pushed that thought away. 

Suddenly the mandatory announcement came on. President Paylor came on standing behind a clear glass podium. She looked happy and excited which made me sick to my stomach.

"Greetings citizens of Panem! I have some exciting news! To remind the rebels that the Capitol's power will never die, we will be restarting The Hunger Games. It will be the 76th Annual Hunger Games this year. The reapings will begin in one week. We will be including all the districts and the Capitol as well. Happy Hunger Games! And may the odds be ever in your favor!"

As if on cue, I could hear every child from 12- 18 scream at the same time.  But this was only in my head. Always was. I only have one week  to say goodbye to my once lovely life.