CH 17

I was so nervous. All I could think about was how I did. My hands were shaking terribly. I walked into the television room and sat down on the plum colored couch and grabbed a pillow and hugged it to my chest. My shaking didn't stop, it increased.

Griff sat down next to me and just stared.

"What?" I asked shakily.

He just stares at me for a minute longer than says,"Don't be so nervous. You're going to be just fine."

"I know. I shouldn't be so nervous. But I want to do good." I say back.

He stares another minute longer than scooted over next to me and pt his arm around my shoulder. I don't know why but I put my head on his shoulder.

"Does this help?" he said with probably the biggest smirk I've ever seen. I just laughed in his face.

"Sure. But this is as far as your gonna get! Anyways, what did you do for the Gamemakers?" I asked him.

"Well, that's for me to know and you to not." he replied while tapping my nose. I just laughed again and nestled my head into his shoulder even more.

Then I heard footsteps.I could easily tell they belonged to Haymitch.

I quickly shrugged Griff's arm off my shoulder and he nodded and scooted over. Haymitch enters the room and gives me an odd look. He sits down and says,"It's okay. You guys don't have to pretend to be just friends."

"What are you talking about? We are just friends." I said. It was partially true and little bit of a lie.

"C'mon sweetie, I'm not that stupid." he said.

"Whatever."  I said quietly.

Soon my mother, father, Effie, Calloway, and Griff's stylist Cecelia came in.

Then the program began. I only took notice of Jasmine's and Rufus's score. Jasmine got an 7 and Rufus got a 8. Then came Griff. He got a ten. Wow.

 My picture showed up and I took a breath. Ten. Ten! I got a ten!

Next thing I know everyone is cheering and congratulating me. I turned to Griff and said,"Congratulations on your ten."

He gave me a sincere smile and replied back,"You too. C'mon, I wanna show you something."

I nodded and followed him out. He led me up two flights of stairs and out a back door. When he opened the door I saw a beautiful terrace area with a small garden area filled with many flowers.

"Oh. Griff, this is beautiful." I said with awe.

"Only the best." he said. I just laughed and he smiled

I found a small bench and sat down. He sat next to me and put his arm around my shoulder again. I just kept staring at the beautiful sunset that was soon to go down.

I turned to him and said,"You know, tomorrow is my 16th birthday."

"Really? Interesting." he replied.

"Yup. I hope your ready to take on the interviews with the one.. the only... Caesar Flickerman!" I said with a stupid Capitol accent.

He just laughed and replied in a impression of Caesar,"Well of course! Ha!"

I just laughed and he laughed too.

 After a moment of slinece he turned to me and said," Happy Early Birthday Goldie."

I smiled and he pushed back a piece of hair in front of my face and kissed my cheek. Then he looked up at the stars that had just started to appear.

And in that moment, for some reason I felt more peaceful than I had in my life.

A/N: HEY GUYS! SORRY I TOOK SO LONG TO WRITE. I WAS ON VACATION AND JUST GOT BACK YESTERDAY! THIS WAS A SHORT CHAPTER BUT I THOUGHT IT HAD MEANING. GOD, I AM SUCH A CRYBABY. ANYWAYS... TEAM GRIFFIN OR TEAM TAMMIN? COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK BELOW! I NEED TO KNOW WHICH YOU PREFER. SO I ALREADY WROTE THE ENDING BUT ACCORDING TO YOUR COMMENTS, I MIGHT MAKE A NEW TURN AND CHANGE SOME THINGS...

-MissWriters