CH 19

That morning I woke up in a bed of sweat. Today the games were starting. My heart was pounding. I wiped my foreheard and a ton of sweat came off. I slowly got out of bed and walked into the shower. It was going to be my last shower for a long time or maybe forever. Might as well make it last.

I got out of the shower and Calloway was already there. He looked upset.

"Hello Mair." he said calmly.

"Hello Cal." I replied. Cal. That was the nickname I had given him earlier.

"Are you ready to go?" He asked. I nodded slowly and he handed mw my clothes. I quickly changed and he led me to a small room where I guess I was supposed to wait until the games began. 

My clothes were made up of black skin tight leggings, a loose fitting black tee, waterproof coat, and running shoes.

I sat down on a chair and let out small breaths. Cal handed me some water and told me to sit straight. On the table in front of me sat my breakfast. It consisted of eggs, toast, and turkey. I ate slowly and savored each bite. As the flavor bursted in my mouth. I tried to stay as calm as possible but on the inside I was freaking out. How ever did my mother do this twice and a rebellion and survive? Sure I know how she did it. But it still suprised me as heck. Now, I understand her mind and why she is such a mess sometimes.

Next thing I know Cal says that it's time to go.

I get up and he zips up my jacket. I remember the ring. The one Tammin gave me. Where is it? I started to panic. Cal points to my pocket on my jacket almost as if he knows. I open the pocket and inside was the tiny ring. I quickly slipped it on my finger and stared at it. "I will always protect you" was engraved on it. I had never noticed it until now. Against my word, he was going to do it no matter what I said, even before I said it.

Cal interrupted my thoughts," Your going to win this. I know it. Also there was a-a rule change." 

I froze. "Wha-at was the r-rule c-change?" I asked scared.

He paused, before answering," The rule change was that their can be two victors. They don't even have to be from the same district. Just a boy and girl. Since their are more tributes this year, they thought they would add some fun into the mix."

I was relieved. I might have a chance. Tammin might have a chance. Griffin might have a chance.

"The games start in ten, nine, eight-

'Well. I guess this is goodbye. For now." said Calloway. He gave me a hug. I hugged him back.

"Your going to win. I just know. Goodbye Mair." He said.

"Goodbye Cal." I said. I stepped into the tube and it started to move, going up. I waved to him and then he was gone.

As I opened my eyes and I saw the arena. It was a rainforest. With a beautiful ocean on the right side. A desert on the other side. The forest was dead center. There in front of me was a giant cornucopia filled with backpacks and weapons and crates. I looked to my right and Tammin was down three tributes. To my left, Griffin was down six. I looked to Tammin. He mouthed, are you ready?

I nodded and he mouthed, meet you by the beach? After we grab supplies by the cornucopia. Okay? I nodded yes. I looked to Griffin and he mouthed Meet you in cornucopia? I mouthed no and mouthed beach. He simply nodded. 

60 seconds start now.

10

9

8

7

6

5

4

3

2

1.

The bell rang and I started to run. Faster than ever before. I saw the girl from 13 head towards me. I got scared and ran even faster. I grabbed a backpack and a big knife and started towards the beach.

I looked behind me and saw the girl from three get a knife to the face. I also saw both from five get a knife through the stomach.

I couldn't watch anymore. I kept running faster until I finally go to the beach. No one was there. Not even Tammin or Griffin or Jasmine or even Rufus. I was alone.

A/N; HEY GUYS! SORRY HAVEN'T BEEN AROUND FOR A WHILE. I WAS ON VACAY! WELL, SHORT CHAPTER BUT A LOTTT HAPPENED! LEAVE ME SUGGESTIONS EVEN THOUGH I HAVE EVERYTHING PLANNED! HA! ANYWAYSSSSS... UPDATE SOON!!!! COMMENT, VOTE, FAN, WHATEVR YOU LIKE! BUT PLEASE SHARE MY STORY WITH YOUR WATTPAD FRIENDS!!! PLEASE???? I MENTION YOU IF YOU MENTION ME! I PROMISE! SOOOO UPDATE SOON! SEE YA! LOVE ALL MY READERS!

-MissWriters