14

REMINDER OF THE TEAMS' SHAPES

_____________________

Three days later

"After the dreadful event occurring at Stanford just one year after the mass shooting, during a soccer game between the Cardinals and the UCLA Bruins, the committee has decided to suspend the season for both teams. In an act of solidarity, other schools are also cancelling games, including Harvard, Duke, Clemson, UConn and Penn State, with maybe other to follow.

"Three days ago, Stanford lost their goalkeeper, Kailen Sheridan, after another player, who brought a gun with her - thanks gun control in the USA... - shot her and two players from UCLA. The two other players are in the hospital right now, one in a critical state and the other out of danger. The authorities think the attack had something to do with Hope Solo, who escaped the Federal Prison months ago.

"We stand with Stanford and UCLA during those difficult times, hoping the best for both team, as well as an healthy recovery to Stephanie McCaffrey and Julie Johnston.

*

Becky enters the hospital room, flowers in hands.

Julie is asleep, obviously because of the medicine, while Haley Kopmeyer - against who she just played in the NWSL - is by her side, looking at her protectively. When she sees the defender come in, the goalie gets up and briefly hugs Becky. She then makes her a sign to be quiet because Olivia - who Becky hasn't seen because she is in a corner of the room, asleep as well - hasn't slept in three days and finally found peace.