34

One week later

GAME DAY

UCLA v PSU

Abby shakes her head.

She has dark circles under her eyes, and coming inside the locker room with only Steph being here just doesn't help : the brunette has not talked to her in a full week, avoiding her all the time at any moment, always finding excuses. 

The blonde, who is fed up with missing someone that is on the same campus than she is, knows Steph needed to take her distances because it happened before. But now, she is just over it and being treated this way for no reason. 

So she grabs Steph's arm, forcing her to turn around and face her. 

"Talk. Now."

Even though Steph usually like when the blonde is bossy, she starts frowning : the anger and exhaustion in her girlfriend's voice makes her want to apologize right away but she knows she can't. 

Abby can't always win that way

Keeping in mind the fact that the blonde hid something very important away from Steph for quite some time now, the brunette stands still, looking at her in a vicious way. Abby sighs, before saying : 

"Sure, continue acting like a jerk, it'll make things so much better !"

"Maybe if you told me the truth in the first place we could've avoided that stupid argument, Abigail"

This time, the defender is confused. 

"You never use my full name. What's going on ?"

"You tell me."

"Steph-"

"Seems like I picked up your phone the other day, and a guy from Manchester City asked me when I was singing the freaking contract." the forward spits out, angrier than ever. 

Abby's face immediately changes. She sighs, before sitting down on the bench, as the brunette remains standing, arms against her chest. 

The defender shakes her head. 

"You've always dreamed about playing in England" Abby whispers. 

Steph frowns. 

"What ?"

"I wanted to keep it a surprise until after the game, but you being a jerk ruined everything" the blonde says in a harsh voice, looking away from the brunette. As Steph is about to respond to that, Abby raises her hand and looks up. Her eyes are teary. "You know I couldn't leave to Europe without you."

"W-wait, what ?"

"Manchester City was interested in both of us." 

"Oh."

HOLY HELL WHY AM I SO STUPID ? I SHOULD GET ARRESTED FOR BEING SUCH A JERK TO THE PERSON I LOVE THE MOST ON THIS EARTH. WHAT A STUPID FREAKING BITCH I AM, FUCK, FUCK, FOR FUCKS SAKE, STEPHANIE

Steph looks down, as Abby is going back to where her jersey is. Right after that, their teammates enter the locker room, and the forward acts as if nothing happened. But inside of her head, everything has been burnt down.