39

TWO DAYS LATER

"LOOMS, WE'RE GONNA MISS OUR PLANE IF YOU KEEP ON CRYING LIKE A BABY AND TRY TO GAIN TIME" Allie yells across the hotel's corridor. 

The Portland girls have to leave first : Sonny, Tobin and Allie already are standing there, ready to go, but Lindsey has been in her room with Megan and Moe for the past hour. After getting out of the room with reddish eyes, the middy throws her teammates a dark glare. 

Tobin rolls her eyes. 

"For God's sake, you two are going to see each other right after preseason" she lets out, staring at Lindsey and Megan. 

"Shut up" Lindsey lets out. 

She kisses Megan, before hugging her. When her lips touch the blonde's neck, she enjoy her smell and the sensation of her arms around her for the last time before one very long month : but deep inside, she knows they're going to get through this. 

Once she's done hugging Megan, she sees Moe crying her eyes out and hugs her as well. Meanwhile, Tobin is losing her patience. 

"Look at those giant babies" she sarcastically lets out, bored.

Allie gives her a look. 

"I know right."

"Allie ?" a voice asks behind them.

When Allie turns around and sees Kelley, she frowns.

As the brunette asks her to have a private talk, Allie exchange a look with Tobin, who only seems to say : 'we're here for a little more time because the work wives aren't done with each other, so go', before following the Sky Blue player. 

Kelley, who usually is so calm and confident, seems out of her usual mind. 

"What's up ?" the blonde asks, confused.

Meanwhile, Kelley looks like she's about to collapse. Nevertheless, she persists and finally opens her mouth :

"Uhm, I had something to tell you, and I wanted to wait that moment in case of I make a fool of myself." she nervously starts, stammering in the middle of her sentence, before catching her breath and adding : "Because if I'm wrong, you might want some space."

"Sure ?"

This time, Allie is concerned. 

Kelley takes a deep breath, before saying :

"The thing is... Oh God, that's harder and way scarier than I expected"

"Kels" Allie interrupts her, grabbing the brunette's shoulders. The fact that they're way closer than before makes Kelley shiver, as the blonde says : "Talk to me."

"U-um..."

The blonde starts smiling, before her hands suddenly are on Kelley's neck, caressing is slowly. Looking down at Allie's lips, the Sky Blue player doesn't know what to say anymore : she just tries to keep her eyes on the blonde's face.

Sure thing is : there is something electric in the air. 

So when Allie gets even closer and that their foreheads almost touch, Kelley just tries to think that she just has to say what she has to say. Gathering all her courage together, she finally is able to say :