18

Stanford

After their first game back after Kailen's death, and a touching tribute to her, the girls go back to the locker room. In a few hours, UCLA is playing on home soil and they're going to attend the game.

Sam is the last person to enter the building, still moved about their 8-0 win over Duke. She scored a brace, while Jessie had a hat trick in honor of her good friend, and then Sofia, Andi and even Lucy scored as well. The captain, proud of her teammates, hugs each one of them to congratulate them.

When she finds herself in front of Lucy, she starts shaking. Damn it, Mewis ! Pull it together for God's sake, the blonde thinks to herself, before hugging her quickly.

Ugh, why does she have to smell so good, even after a game ? She thinks, before pulling away. The defender, on the other hand, looks relaxed and smiley.

"Good job out there, captain " Lucy says in a rather flirty tone, before putting a lock of hair behind Sam's ears. She then loses her smile. "Hey, I was wondering if you could help me with something ? You're the only girl I know here so I didn't who else to ask..."

But Sam doesn't wait for the sentence to be finished when she says :

"Sure, tell me !"

Lucy gives her one of her magnificent smiles, before saying :

"I'm new here, obviously, and this campus is too huge for me to handle... Do you think you could show me around one of those days ?"

Sam blushes, and that makes Lucy smile. The defender then thinks : seriously, Hope ? You could've at least given me some more challenging girl to seduce, this is way too easy.

The midfielder says :

"S-sure, t-tomorrow?"

Lucy smoothly takes one step closer to her, only to softly kiss the blonde's jaw, before smiling again.

"Thanks, you're the cutest" she then exclaims, before walking into the locker room, where the girls are celebrating their victory.

Sam's skin us burning where Lucy's lips touched it.

*

UCLA v Penn State

Kristie nervously stands in front of the locker room's door, ready to cheer her teammates on. The pressure is floading : it's their first game back after everything that happened lately, and the stadium is full of people chanting from UCLA and Stanford. The support in unbelievable, and when Kristie hears that, she shivers.