25

Two weeks later

Everybody succeeded in their exams.

"WE'RE GOING TO CELEBRATE BITCHES, AND NOBODY WILL BE STANDING AFTER THAT ONE BECAUSE WE'RE ON HOLIDAYS!" 

Right after Sonnett finishes her sentence, the whole locker room erupts in cheers.

Their last training of the mid-season is over, and they are ready to resume the games after Christmas. Good thing about Ash still being free is that she has to hide and doesn't have allies anymore, so she can't act on her own. Which also means that she has zero chance to enter campus, or get close to any of the players. 

Of course some people are missing : Julie and Zach flew to Phoenix to see the girl's parents in order to introduce their granddaughter to them, as Kop went with them so that she'll finally know Julie's parents. The Thorns - aka Allie and Tobin - are back to the Rose City for some conferences or something, while Becky and Shelina are off to some sort of holiday, getting ready for their wedding in the end of the school year. 

And let's not forget about Kassey, who has fought her way back to normal life : she and Kristie have been inseparable, mostly because the middy knows when to be silent or not. Furthermore, the blonde can't seem to restrain herself from wanting to protect her. Obviously, Kassey is not going to party because of all the medication she's under at the moment, and Kristie decided to stay with her in order to watch a movie. 

So here they are, sitting on the couch, Kristie slowly slipping under Kassey's arms, cuddling by her side. 

They never talked about their feelings, at least not yet : either of them wanted to real confrontation, because they both know what their feelings for each other are. But they're not ready to admit it out loud, so here they are, just supporting each other and stuff. And Kristie feels very good in Kassey's arms. 

Too good. 

"Are you sure you don't wanna go out with the girls ?" Kassey questions, softly caressing Kristie's shoulder. "You don't have to stay here, I can survive on my own."

"I'm not too sure about that."

Kristie's answer makes the defender smirk.

"I'm serious, Kris. I think you should go and enjoy..."

"I'd rather stay here, but thank you" Kristie interrupts her. 

You're more important. Kassey is frowning, not sure how to understand that whole situation. She is highly confused at the moment, but doesn't argue. Instead, she only says :

"Can you do me a favor ?"

"Sure, anything" Kristie says, before yawning. 

That makes Kassey smirk, but she remains silent. And that silence worries Kristie a little bit, so she straightens a little bit, lifting her eyes to see Kassey staring at the TV with no emotion on her face. 

The defender finally says :

"Kristie, I..."

But the middy already has straightened a little bit more, enough to crash her lips on Kassey's, who immediately stops talking. When Kristie changes position to find herself sitting on top of her, the defender moans : the middy has her hands slowly caressing and grabbing her hair, while her lips are softly moving on hers.