How to win Luna Valente over

It wasn't even lunch time yet and Luna was already in the mood to let herself fall on the ground and have a good old-fashioned tantrum like a toddler. She partly blamed Nina for her mood, who wouldn't shut up about this stupid article about chico fresa. Just like now: "Luna, how often did you read this article?"

She rolled her eyes, already annoyed by the topic: "Just once, why? Did you find another typo?"

"No", her best friend shook her head, "but I do have another question." Luna groaned. Would this ever stop before disappearing into thin air was a thing? "What do you want to know?"

"Are you really not seeing this?"

Now Nina was talking in riddles. Again. "What? What should I see? That this is badly written and probably every girl on this school hates me for not torturing him until his answers actually made sense?" For a few seconds, all she got in response was an irritated look.

"Oh my... He was obviously describing you. Even after you cut out that part about Mexico." Well, it would at least explain all the hatred looks she had gotten since this article was published. "So what?", she replied, not sure what to make out of this new information, "He probably just wanted to mess with me anyway."

"Yeah, exactly", Nina sighed, "That's why he's standing over there, giving you heart eyes, like, right now." Quickly, Luna turned around, only to see said boy wink. In her direction. With slightly pink cheeks.

It was adorable. But neither Nina nor Matteo needed to know what she thought. So Luna shrugged, pretending to not have seen a thing: "I have no idea what you're talking about."

The way her friend let her head sink on the table said everything.

For the next days, no one bothered her about the article anymore. Luna didn't mind, of course, since it got much easier to not think about it. Because truth be told, there was no way Matteo seriously liked her. And the faster she got over whatever it was about him that made her heart jump whenever she looked at him, the better. (It would help if he turned back into chico fresa, but since the interview he rarely acted like the snob she first got to know. Damn him and his new-found kindness.)

In the end, the peace didn't last.

"Luna!", Nina shouted across the hall, running towards her. When she had caught up, she sounded a little out of breath. "Where have you been? I was looking for you everywhere, I need you."

"I was in the library, I wanted to get these books about... wait, why do you need me? Is everything okay?" Worried, she examined her best friend. Nina didn't look sleep deprived or sad – so what was wrong? Nina raised her eyebrows and Luna suddenly felt dizzy. "Oh no. Who should I write about this time? Gastón?"

"No!", Nina blurted out, immediately clearing her throat after. "I mean... no." Now, Luna knew even less what was up. "But why would you need me then?"

"I don't need you like this. I just... I need to interview you." That made even less sense. "Why would you need to do that?"

Her best friend only shrugged. "Let's just say we got some anonymous requests for the same article you wrote about Matteo." Luna's mind went blank. Who cared about what she liked? Or whom? She didn't belong to these weirdly famous students, after all, and wasn't even sure she had a certain type. At least, if she did, she couldn't put it into more than two words. "But, Nina, I have no idea what to say. Do you really think you can fill a whole page with me stuttering?"

"Oh, don't worry, we can do the interview tomorrow, that should give you some time to think about it. Maybe Matteo inspires you?" Knowing she'd lose the argument as soon as she answered, Luna simply ignored that last part.