Just as long as I get all you tonight

What happens when Lutteo is cute on a couch that reminds me of my first fandom and a certain cousin sofa... Also I feel Michel just deserves this by now ^^

(based on s3, ep43. Title is from "Valentine" by 5SOS and the couch... well it definitely leans on the "Rubyred" trilogy)

///

"Do you like Michel?"

His tone changes out of nowhere. It's cold now, like the expression on his face. Distant. Harsh like a door falling shut right in front of her. It takes Luna by surprise, if she's honest. Just a second ago, she thought they were fine, after all, they were working to solve his problem, together. She thought things would get better, now that he accepted her help, now that he trusts her to find a solution with him.

However, Matteo doesn't seem fine. He seems miserable.

"What? Why are you asking me that?" she wants to know. Her head is struggling to catch up with his mood swing, not for the first time. This is one of the things that irritated her so much about him, his ability to switch to some grumpy, annoyed version of himself in the blink of an eye, without a warning. But maybe this isn't a mood swing. Maybe he felt like this all day and this is only his façade breaking at the cracks and she simply failed to see it coming.

"It doesn't matter, just answer the question, Luna."

She tilts her head, inspects him. Sees the frown on his face, the thin line of his mouth, the storm in his eyes. "Wait... chico fresa, are you jealous?"

"No," Matteo huffs, snorts almost. The familiar sound awakes memories that his words can't silence. "I'm not jealous. We are friends. You and I. Friends... nothing more."

A grin tugs on the corner of her mouth, too wide to hide it from him. "I don't." He raises his eyebrow at her, the silent question almost making her giggle. "Huh?"

"I don't like Michel. Like that, I mean. He's nice and all, but we are just friends and I don't have any intentions of changing that," she explains. For a moment, Matteo stares at her, out of words.

Then, slowly as her words untangle their meaning in his brain, the light returns to his eyes. It softens them, fills them with warmth to a point where she fights the urge to kiss him right here, right now, where breathing might become a real struggle if she keeps looking at him.

"Okay," he mumbles. Smiles.

They both know that he is much happier about this than he should be, than is appropriate for the friends they both claim to be.

Friends. The word alone elicits a huff in the back of her throat. Luna wants more than that. She thinks he wants more, too. She's sure, actually. But her nerves feel worn out from all these past days in which they tiptoed around each other, always finding an excuse to talk and to touch without ever feeling brave enough to make a move.

The memory of his hand holding hers on this afternoon lingers in her mind. Of the hug they shared, of the smile he gave her then, of the smile he is giving her this moment. "You know I like someone else, right?" she blurts out.

"Do I?" Hurt leaks into his tone, and while her heart trembles in her chest, he stares a hole into the ground. Matteo gets up and starts to walk around, like a tiger in a cage. Up and down. Back and forth. No rest, no eye contact.

"Matteo."

"What, Luna? Do you want to tell me you're in love with someone else? Because I don't really think I want to hear that. And anyway, I shouldn't have asked, we aren't here to talk about this Michel or... someone else, after all. I should've just kept my mouth shut. We should keep practicing."